|Job Ref:||204552296||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Plymouth||Address:||Post Code:||PL3||Salary:||£45000 - £50000/annum Benefits Package||Post Date:||10/10/2016 09:02|
IT Project Manager - Permanent - £45k-£50k - Plymouth|
Please note: Any candidate wishing to be considered for this role will be required to undergo full SC level security clearance upon offer.
My client, a multinational security and defence organisation, is seeking to recruit a skilled IT Project Manager to join their technical division onsite in Southampton. As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the implementation of structured project management processes to ensure the effective delivery of business value from IT projects. The ideal candidate will have a wealth of IT project management experience as well as a sound knowledge of IT technology.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
* Ensuring the implementation of structured project management processes to ensure the effective delivery of business value from IT projects;
* Assembling project plans and teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality review; and escalating functional, quality and timeline issues appropriately;
* Tracking key project milestones and adjusting project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of customers;
* Maintaining a full set of documentation as required by the IT Project Management Process for each project
* Coordinating communication with all areas of the business that impact the scope, budget, risk and resources of the work effort being managed;
* Assisting the Programme Manager and Business Relationship Manager in partnering with senior management of the business community to identify and prioritise opportunities for business improvement;
* Ensuring that through life support capabilities are key design considerations in all new business system solutions
* Ensuring solution designs are compliant with Standard Technology framework
Key Knowledge and Skills
* Experienced IT professional, focussed on being a part of a cost effective and efficient programme management team
* Project Management qualification or equivalent experience.
* Demonstrable knowledge and experience of implementing and delivering large projects in complex environments within Budget and Timescales using structured Project Methodology
* Demonstrable knowledge and experience of current IT technology
* Microsoft Project power user