|Job Ref:||204552739||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hertfordshire||City:||Hertfordshire||Address:||Post Code:||WD5||Salary:||£90000/annum benefits||Post Date:||10/10/2016 09:02|
Business Technology Platform Manager|
up to £90,000 plus benefits
As the Business Platform Manager, your primary function is to act as a Subject Matter Expert, liaising between the IT function and various operational departments such as Supply Chain, Retail, Finance and Customer Services. In order to be successful you will need to quickly gain an in-depth appreciation of both the strategic requirements and tactical initiatives within these business areas. Using your full understanding of business processes, you will need to communicate with and influence members of both the IT department and operational functions to ensure that all new requirements are delivered within the timeframes agreed and set by the Board.
The core skills required for this role are project management (both large strategic and smaller tactical programmes), business consultancy/analysis, systems analysis, options analysis, supplier management and business cases/proposals.
* Ownership of the IT platforms and IT change projects relating to specific functional areas of the business.
* Liaison with the Change Management Team to understand potential strategic work requirements for the Business Platform.
* Develop an awareness of long-range technology and competitor strategies.
* Be part of the process to define and be responsible for the delivery of projects.
* Develop and maintain project delivery plans through to deployment, managing the project risk and issues including mitigation management.
* Regularly communicate project prioritisation and sequencing including progress reports, risk and issues logs, and budget updates.
* Build excellent working relationships with the key clients of IT, internal technology teams and delivery groups.
* Identify opportunities for improving operational efficiencies.
* Assist business colleagues to understand potential solutions and recommendations for delivery.
* Participate in (and when required lead) the IT-related aspects of business change/project/work requests.
* Participate in RFPs for new system deliveries and product evaluation and the liaison and management of suppliers.
* Ability to communicate with and manage senior executives and stakeholders
* Ability to mitigate risks and manage issues to resolution
* Highly organised with a structured approach
* Sufficient technical understanding
* Attention to detail
* Working to tight deadlines
* Budget management
* Problem solving skills
* Ability to challenge
* Recent experience in Retail or Financial Services industries (preferably both)
* A track record of successful project delivery
* Stakeholder management up to Board level
* Issue and risk management
* Budget management for IT projects