|Job Ref:||204552818||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||South West||Address:||Salary:||£35000 - £45000/annum Pension, Healthcare, Bonus||Post Date:||10/10/2016 09:02|
HND minimum or ideally Degree-qualified or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline.
- The ability to apply existing technical expertise and a sound understanding of mechanical engineering principles.
- The ability to develop and carryout structural and mechanical component calculations for items under design.
- A desire to be challenged and to contribute to the success of the business.
Experience in one or more of the following technical disciplines is desirable:
- Fatigue and fracture assessment
- Structural dynamics
- Design and substantiation of components, structures or tooling
- 2D Computer Aided Design (preferably AutoCad)
- 3D Computer Aided Design (preferably Solid Edge)
- Good communication skills.
- Customer facing and specification development experience.
Experience in one or more of the following industry domains are also desirable:
- Mechanical handling equipment.
- Hydraulic press manufacture.
- Specialist bespoke machine design and manufacture.
- General engineering fabrication.
- Site commissioning and equipment handover experience
- Ability to apply technical knowledge in analysing problems and creating solutions.
- Ability to work effectively within multidisciplinary environment and with client stakeholders, and manage these relationships effectively.
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills.
- Ability to work on your own initiative.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to make correct judgements.
- The drive and self-motivation to continuously develop your technical & behavioural skills