|Job Ref:||204553083||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Southampton||Address:||Post Code:||SO14||Salary:||£21195/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 09:02|
Our client based in Southampton requires a Maintenance Operative to join their expanding business.|
The role is permanent offering up to £21,195 based on experience.
* To assist in the preparation of a range of cabins prior to them going out on hire
* General maintenance tasks to timber, plastic and steel portable accommodation units, portable toilets etc
* Cleaning of units and fittings internally and externally.
* Painting exterior of units with spray equipment, roller or brush.
* The fitting and removal of partitions & other fittings.
* Some electrical work, some plumbing, some joinery and flooring work.
* Loading of a range of furniture into the cabins and removing on completion of hire.
* Occasional visits to third party sites to double stack units and install staircase and landing. Removal of same on completion of hire.
* Some working at height.
* Occasional duties as fork lift operator (where relevant with training and suitable qualifications).
Occasional visits to third party sites to undertake repairs of any nature to portable accommodation units.
Personal development within the role, within 1 - 3 years
* Proficient in preparing units and ensuring quality standards are kept to the companies requirements.
* To have gained understanding of the business processes that will enable the team to work to strict deadlines.
* Maintain a good working relationship with peers and direct management.
* Strong working ethics, self starter and results orientated
* Fully skilled in role
* Ability to train other employees.
* Comprehensive knowledge of the tasks, operations, targets and customers.
* Basic understanding and acceptance of Health & Safety rules.
* Good mix of general maintenance skills.
* Has an NVQ or equivalent qualification.
* CSCS Card holder if possible.
* Good general physical fitness.
* Ability to work as part of a team.
* Has a strong work ethic.
* Flexible attitude to working
If you are interested in the role, please send your CV to Sarah or call (Apply online only)