|Job Ref:||204554890||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Salary:||£35 - £45/hour||Post Date:||10/10/2016 09:19|
Senior Contract Design Engineer / Approvals and Standards Engineer|
We have a brand new contract requirement for a Senior Contract Mechanical Engineer / Approvals and Standards Engineer based in Bristol for an initial 6 month period. You will have previous experience working as an approvals and standards engineer ensuring designs are accurate and design information is maintained and updated. You will have significant experience in designing and drafting submarine or maritime components and knowledge of standards ranging from BS EN ISO standards to Defence Standards. Familiarity with NX and team centre is required. You will also ideally be experienced at manging a design team. (MUST BE UK Security Cleared or able to gain UK Security Clearance)
* Responsible for ensuring drawing suite is accurate.
* Lead and manage design team
* Working with the Engineering project manager, ensure the design information is maintained and updated.
* Incorporation of any customer driven design changes or new requirements into the design suite in a timely fashion.
* Operator as approver for equivalent design team members' work.
* Working with the Engineering Project manager, support the systems teams with any drafting needs that arise for qualification or verification activity.
Requirements - Senior Contract Mechanical Engineer / Approvals and Standards Engineer
* Significant experience in designing and drafting submarine, maritime or naval components.
* Suitably qualified and experienced at approving for others (experience of first level checking an advantage).
* Proven experience in managing a Design team a significant advantage.
* Working with the Engineering Project Manager to ensure team work loads are completed quickly and efficiently.
* Ensuring timely completion of work to the right level of quality is essential in order to not delay manufacture.
* Able to interpret and quickly implement an/or check others work through approval.
* Able to work autonomously and as part of a team to turn around drawings in an efficient manner.
Familiar with Team centre and NX is required.
* Security Clearance
* British National due to project security restrictions.
Rate: Excellent (negotiable)