|Job Ref:||204554904||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Salary:||£35000 - £40000/annum Excellent Benefits||Post Date:||10/10/2016 09:03|
Senior Civil Engineer Bridges|
Experienced Highways Engineer (Consultancy)
With a large number of high profile projects that include the Highways Agency, National Contractors and local Authorities, the current portfolio of projects includes the M1 Improvement, A160/A180 Improvement, M6 J16-19 Smart Motorway, and several major schemes for local authorities. And the plans to add to this portfolio continue.
The business has an urgent requirement for a Senior Bridge Engineer to join a successful bridges design team. You will become a member of a large and expanding team, taking a leading role in delivering bridge design services throughout all stages of major project development and in all areas of structures design.
* Preparation of bridge and bridge related structural scheme designs at feasibility, optioneering and detailed design stages
* Providing technical direction to other design engineers and/or technicians
* Liaison with clients, contractors and third parties
* Interfacing with other engineering disciplines such as geotechnical, highways, railways, coastal & marine, and environmental engineers
* You will be responsible for resolving technical issues as they occur and for the monitoring of progress of your areas of responsibility
* Organising and carrying out General, Principal & Special Bridge Inspections
* Preparation of contract documents and fee estimates.
* A degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
* Chartered Member of ICE or equivalent
* Extensive experience in the highway bridges or railway bridges sector
* Excellent understanding of structural behaviour and detailed knowledge of current codes and standards, including Eurocodes, DMRB, SHW, and Networkrail standards
* Excellent capability of design analysis and assessment of structures using LUSAS or Midas, SuperSTRESS, Archie, MEXE, etc.
* Experience of liaising and negotiating with client representatives and senior staff
* Thorough understanding of the Specification for Highway Works
* Able to produce well-presented and accurate drawings and reports
* Able to manage a challenging workload subject to change at short notice
This is a permanent position with excellent remuneration