|Job Ref:||204553284||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cheshire||City:||Cheshire||Address:||Post Code:||SK9||Salary:||£26765/annum Pension, Bonus, Van and Holidays||Post Date:||10/10/2016 09:18|
Rullion Engineering Limited are currently recruiting on behalf of a large Utilities company based in the Northwest for a Field Service Engineer (Instrumentation) on a permanent basis. We have been providing our client with experienced Individuals for over 10 years helping to deliver a high number of projects within the Industry.|
* You will be responsible for completing verification, calibration, repair and servicing activities across a wide range of instruments within a designated geographical area of the region of The North West. Ensuring in-full and on time delivery of scheduled cyclic program and associated work orders in line with SLA's (Service Level Agreements).
* You will operate, verify, calibrate and service instruments in a cost effective and efficient manner to achieve the quality, regulatory, statutory and safety standards required by the company. Carrying out regulated M-Cert inspection, recertification, verification and maintenance programs to ensure company compliance is maintained to Environment Agency standards.
* You will carry out planned inspection, recertification, verification and maintenance on identified scheduled Quality and Flow assets, to ensure we can provide an auditable trail to our regulators.
* Safely, effectively and efficiently deliver planned cyclic activities, including some unplanned activities determined by business needs across a range of instruments deemed applicable by Maintenance Strategy FMEA work bank.
* Verification, calibration, servicing of instruments in accordance with cyclic schedule and prioritising best utilisation of time.
* Complete basic servicing, minor adjustments and remedial work appropriate to the level of competence and training.
* Ensure set targets are met supporting our business plan, department/company objectives and KPI's.
* Asset data collection, validation, amendment in line with the ARDR (Asset registration, Deregistration) procedure.
* M-Cert annual verifications and 5 year re-certifications in line with the EA minimum requirements for the self-monitoring of effluent flow.
* Profiling of planned work with support from Technical Coordinators.
* Produce reports and certification for all instrument verifications and calibrations.
* Uploading of all documentation via QAS to agreed standards (Also SharePoint when applicable).
* Carry out in accordance with work authorisation policy 'Person Co-ordinating Work' duties.
* Liaise, plan and arrange all M-Cert Re-certifications with site owners and external inspectors.
* Liaise and report to site operations/maintenance any defective, failed, faulty assets not within remit to repair and contact work planning to raise necessary work orders in line with correct priorities.
* Electronic work order download, upload, and completion to good data quality standards. Contribute towards the training, mentoring and coaching of apprentices including any other company colleagues where applicable.
* Support and implement improvements in the delivery of planned cyclic activities and future strategy of the Regional Planned Team.
* Ensure we remain compliant with the EA's minimum requirements for the self-monitoring of effluent flow.
* Technical advice, problem solving and recommendations to other business area's on M-Cert flow systems.
* Provide guidance and advice on MAMS FX &QX systems.
* Issue of general flow meter condition reports to Wastewater Production Teams.
* Issue M-Cert fail reports, monitor resolution by supporting Wastewater Production Teams.
* Issue Pass/Fail/Unsuccessful notifications to Wastewater Production teams and update QAS.
* Preparation and attendance at regulatory audits by SIRA and internal audits by QA team where applicable.
* Resolution of non-conformance from internal and external audits. (verification section).
* Ordering of spares and parts ready for instrument servicing activities.
Knowledge and Skills
* Good understanding of the client's vision, values, goals, objectives, KPI's
* Good understanding of regulatory M-Certs, associated processes, procedures, and standards within the Water and Wastewater business.
* Good knowledge and experience of key IT systems for reporting, data analysis and access, e.g. Various manufacturer software (ABB calmaster, verimaster, Pulsar, Thermo-Gafa, Siemens Sitrans) STS, Profibus, SAP, FMEA, Catapult, One Workbook, ESS, eLearning, Searchlight/ARDR, QAS, SharePoints, and MS Office.
* Technical knowledge of Water and Wastewater site process/operations/maintenance
* Good understanding of the EA regulatory requirements for self-monitoring of effluent flow
* Good understanding of the DWI regulatory requirements for calibration and verification of Quality and Flow assets on our Water sites.
* Good understanding of the technical aspects related to instrumentation manufacturers, MCert flow systems, quality instrumentation, verification, calibration and servicing maintenance activities
* Experience of a Water / Waste Water operations/maintenance or equivalent Industrial environment.
* Ability to work across a range of different manufacturer instruments in relation to verification, calibration, servicing, basic repairs.
* Experience of STS - Strategic Telemetry System access, Scada, HMI-Human Machine Interfaces
* Completed a time served Instrumentation/Electrical/Technical apprenticeship (Indentured - 4 years)
Should your application be successful and you are offered the role, a number of pre-employment checks need to be carried out before your appointment can be confirmed. Any offer of employment with our client will be subject to a satisfactory checking report from the Disclosure Scotland / the Disclosure and Barring Service