|Job Ref:||204553991||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||City of London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Post Date:||10/10/2016 09:19|
Storage Engineer |
Contract Opportunity to be based in London for a leading innovative IT/Network and Infrastructure services organisation.
Role Summary and responsibilities
* Responsible for provisioning of storage, installation/configuration, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
* Ensuring system hardware, SAN configuration, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to industry best practice and corporate standards.
* Providing support for LINUX/Solaris infrastructure, Batch scheduler (Control-M) and various monitoring systems.
* The role encompasses both project and support work and as such require the individual to provide out of hours on call support and to sometimes be available to work evenings and weekends, occasionally with little advance notice.
* Working in the UNIX/Storage Infrastructure team with responsibility for Storage, SAN and Backup across production, preproduction and development systems. The primary focus of the successful candidate's position will be the upgrade and migration of Production and pre-Production UNIX/Linux services within multiple data centres
Knowledge and skills required:
Essential: Relevant system administration experience.
The following technical skills are required at an advanced level:
* Hitachi Storage Systems (VSP, USP-V, AMS, HUS)
* Cisco MDS SAN Fabric Management
* Hitachi Command Suite (Tuning Manager/Device Manager)Competent scripting skills (e.g. Bash,Python, etc.)
* Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in SAN / Hitachi Storage / NetBackup.
* A minimum four years relevant system administration experience.
* BMC CMDB and Remedy
* Scheduling software such as Control-M;
* Backup solutions such as Symantec NetBackup;
* Access management software such as FoxT (BOKs/Keon);
* Monitoring software such as Xymon, and Systar WVA
If you are looking for a permanent position either apply online or if would like to find out about other IT Services opportunities please contact Katy Gregory on (url removed)
Referral Scheme - Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Please visit our website (url removed)