|Job Ref:||204554026||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Brislington||Address:||Post Code:||BS4||Salary:||£18000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 09:19|
Demob Job Reference: j2612|
Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Location: Bristol, Avon
Salary: £18,000 + Benefits
Start Date: Immediate
Our client is a well-established and leading animal attraction in Bristol, Avon. They are now looking for a Maintenance Technician. The successful candidate will assist the Maintenance Manager in ensuring that the attraction is presented to the highest standard, in good working order and is safe and clean for staff and customers and operates with awareness of the environment and conservation. Ensure that all support systems onsite are operating at premium performance level and to maintain clean, tidy and safe standards within all plant rooms and tool rooms.
This presents itself as an ideal opportunity to join an established company and, although not essential, could be well suited for a person who has previously served in the Armed Forces i.e. British Army (REME), Royal Navy, (Marine Engineer), or Royal Air Force (RAF).
- Assist with ensuring that the client's site and all parts of the building (internal and external) are presented to the highest standard and the environment is kept safe and clean for customers and staff.
- Maintain all facilities in good working order on a day to day basis including lighting, flooring, paintwork, plumbing, general site repairs, carpentry, repair of basic equipment, monitoring, control and adjustment of water management and assisting other departments within the aquarium with maintenance requirements.
- Where it is safe and the candidate is qualified to do so, carry out own maintenance work.
- Adhere to a planned preventative maintenance schedule, as laid out by the Maintenance Manager completing daily, weekly, monthly and yearly obligations in a timely manner.
- Work in accordance with job priorities as tasked by the Maintenance Manager (or in the absence of the Maintenance Manager in conjunction with the Duty Manager / General Manager) to agreed deadlines. This sometimes requires out of hours working.
- Provide assistance to Maintenance Manager in completing large scale projects including capital projects.
- Provide an emergency call out service.
- Work with the Maintenance Manager in ensuring that plant rooms, zoological LSS (pumps, control panels, filters, valves, heat exchange units, etc), bin rooms and workshop are in good order, safe and tidy.
- Ensure the zoological fresh and saltwater supplies are efficiently managed, routinely cleaned and meet the standards required as laid out by the zoological department.
- Safely and securely store maintenance supplies and consumables.
- Assist in the receipt of deliveries when appropriate.
- The successful candidate will ideally hold an engineering apprenticeship or hold a BTEC, NVQ or City & Guilds with an electrical or plumbing bias.
- Prepared to undertake physical activity on a regular basis such as lifting, carrying and general maintenance/manual work.
- Full UK license (For call-out purposes).
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- £18,000 per annum depending on experience.
- 40 hours per week, 5 days out of 7 including weekends.
- 22 days holiday (Plus 8 bank holidays) rising with length of service.
- Free entry into attractions and discount on shops