|Job Ref:||204554092||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Burgess Hill||Address:||Post Code:||RH15||Salary:||£24000 - £26000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 09:19|
We are working with a top IT services provider who currently require a 2nd Line Support Analyst to join them on a permanent basis. |
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast-growing business who work with a number of different clients within the financial services, gaming, food & beverage and health sectors.
As a member of the Service Desk, you will play a key role in the delivery of high quality technical support for the business and the customer, whilst delivering exceptional customer satisfaction and a personalised service.
This position requires strong troubleshooting, problem-solving and technical skills using various diagnostic tools. In addition, strong inter-personal skills are required to guide customers through situations, providing the highest levels of resolution, support and customer satisfaction.
You would also be required to work on a shift rota as well.
- Maximise the use of all in-house systems to be a key member of a highly customer focused and professional Service Desk function.
- Work with your colleagues on the Service Desk to effectively monitor customer systems and network performance, answer incoming calls, process alerts and manage Incidents and Service Requests. Receive escalations and also escalate effectively as required to achieve the highest level of customer service.
- Communicate fully and effectively with customers throughout the incident lifecycle, ensuring that at all times the customer is fully aware of the status of their incident or service request.
- Provide the highest level of service by meeting or exceeding contractual SLAs and KPIs and by proactively identifying process improvement opportunities within the department.
- Work from or travel to customer sites to provide extended Service Desk services to the customer beyond that provided from our office locations as required.
- Provide Problem Management by using all the information to hand to identify, prevent or resolve either ongoing or potential issues that would adversely affect a customer.
- Ensure that all work carried out for customers is recorded using in-house systems accurately such that work is charged correctly and no work is undertaken unbilled that should be billable or charged to the wrong contract / contract line.
- Maintain a level of technological competence that remains current and fit-for-purpose in your role, highlighting any training needs to your line manager where appropriate.
Core Competencies for role:
- Communication Skills
- Initiative and Creativity
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Attention to Detail
Technical Experience Required:
- Microsoft Windows Operating Systems inc. Active Directory, Group Policy.
- Virtualisation (e.g. Vmware, MS Hyper-V)
- Enterprise Storage (e.g. Netapp, Dell EqualLogic)
- Microsoft Exchange.
- Networking (basic configuration of firewalls, routers and switches)