|Job Ref:||204554427||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Derbyshire||City:||Derby||Address:||Post Code:||DE1||Salary:||£25000 - £30000/annum £25,000 for basic hrs + overtime||Post Date:||07/10/2016 02:10|
Sector: Aerospace / Precision Engineering
Based in Derby, Derbyshire
An exceptional opportunity has arisen to join our client who are a world leader in design, manufacture, supply and support of high quality specialised products and services for the aerospace and turbo-machinery industries. This company operates on a global basis and has accumulated vast experience in the support of developing new technologies and validation of engine design.
Our client is looking to recruit a Multi-skilled Machinist with CNC and EDM experience to join their team.
You will be required to manufacture one off or small batch prototypes and specialist components for the turbine industries.
- Working on manual and CNC millers, lathes, grinders, spark EDM.
- Working to tight tolerances.
- Accurate marking out of work, meeting specifications and customer requirements.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings and program accordingly.
- Ensuring that work meets quality and technical guidelines.
- Provide assistance and advice to Engineers to establish best machining methods.
- Working to deadlines in order to meet customer requirements.
- Undertake day to day maintenance of machines and working area.
- Adhering to company Health and Safety standards.
- Skilled apprentice trained, time served toolmaker or suitably experienced.
- Experience of working within a precision engineering/manufacturing environment.
- Experience of EDM Sparking (Sodick or other machines).
- Experienced in operating manual machines and modern CNC machines.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Self-motivated and capable of working on your own initiative.
- Positive approach to issue resolution.
- Keen to learn new skills and develop new processes.
- Understanding of CAD/CAM.
Experience of working with exotic alloys and understanding the properties of materials would be beneficial.
- Experience with any of the following machines would be useful not essential): XYZ Mini Mill 560 - Siemens Controller / XYZ Mini Turn 190 - Siemens Controller / Mitsubishi Wire EDM / Sodick - AQ55L & Moldmaker 3 / Harrison lathe / Colchester Mascot lathe / XYZ Protrak 3000
- Up to £25,000 for basic hours (excellent working hours / early finish Friday / no shifts)
Ovetime available at a higher rate
- 25 days holiday + public holidays (33 days in a standard year).
- Training & career development opportunities