|Job Ref:||204554496||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cambridge||Address:||Post Code:||CB1||Salary:||£40000 - £55000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 09:19|
Our prestigious client is currently seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced Chartered Civil Engineer to help lead and grow their land development sector in their busy Cambridge office. The role requires both management and technical leadership.|
* Responsibility for the direction, mentoring, training and performance management of their civil engineering and infrastructure team
* Overseeing significant projects from conceptual planning stage through to construction
* Engaging with and managing client needs, defining project technical specifications, managing risk, costs, fees and commercial requirements and managing all deliverables to ensure client satisfaction and commercial and technical project success.
* Takes responsibility for ensuring all projects are completed in a timely and cost effective way and develop key learning points and communicate across the group.
* Assist the Senior Associate in managing shared resources across the infrastructure and other civil engineering teams.
* Making a contribution to the local business plan for civil engineering and infrastructure and to make a significant contribution to their delivery
* Assist with Business Development activity to further enhance, grow and diversify our civil engineering and infrastructure capabilities locally, working initially with the existing technical teams whilst planning for growth.
* Ensure all technical aspects of the team's project work are undertaken in accordance with the Practice's QMS, EMS and H&S procedures
* Degree qualified or equivalent in Civil Engineering and is a Chartered Engineer (MICE)
* Experience of leading teams and managing resources effectively.
* Extensive experience of leading civil engineering, or multi-discipline, projects with a client facing role.
* Preparation of highway design and specification, detailed drainage and attenuation design, chairing client and consultation project meetings and strong reporting skills.
* An understanding of utilities planning, procurement and diversion.
* A passion for mentoring teams and working with clients and fellow professionals who care about quality.
* Experience of working across a broad range of clients, particularly private land developers and asset based clients, but also contractors, and local authorities.
* Substantial experience in consultation, negotiations and meetings with third party authorities (e.g. Local Authorities, Water Authorities, etc.)
* Ability to prepare construction contracts and specifications, and administer and project manage their implementation.
The client offers a competitive salary and flexible benefits package, which includes contributory pension plan, discretionary bonus scheme and flexible benefits allowance