|Job Ref:||204554585||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£75000 - £90000/annum Plus Package||Post Date:||10/10/2016 09:14|
The Company |
This Health and Safety position is with one of the UK's leading main contractors. My client has a reputation of having worked on some of the most well-known and prestigious developments in London and the Home Counties, delivering a high standard of projects across the construction industry.
My client is looking to recruit an experienced Senior Health and Safety professional who has experience of the construction industry and has experience at a divisional board level. They would be reporting into the Group H&S Director where this position would influence and shape all projects on the construction side of the business, from pre-construction / commercial bid phases through to completion and onward management.
The successful candidate will work closely with the MD for Construction and the MD for Projects in providing a key influence from an H&S perspective. You'll have excellent working knowledge of the entire construction pipeline along with an understanding of modular construction techniques and the hazards they present during construction.
This position would involve;
• Ensuring that progressive, proven and effective H&S principles are built into all construction projects.
• Provide expertise and guidance to the Construction and Projects teams, ensuring that designs are compliant to operate and safe to build
• Influencing all stages of projects from concept through to handover to the operator.
• Work closely with the operator H&S team to ensure end user requirements are implemented during the construction phase
Roles and Responsibilities;
• To influence and shape construction projects at pre construction phase to ensure the selection of appropriate suppliers, designs and materials.
• Build strong relationships and engage with supply chain members to facilitate collaborative working.
• Ensure that CDM requirements are effectively implemented prior to construction commencing.
• Support the Group H&S Director in implementing and embedding a behaviour based culture across the Group
• Engage and inspire employees, customers and suppliers to embrace a behaviour based culture through coaching in H&S principles
• Develop and implement KPI's that will facilitate best practice and support H&S excellence through internal and external bench-marking
• Implement, lead and manage continuous improvement in H&S performance, ensuring full compliance with all regulatory requirements and reporting
• Experience of operating at a divisional or board level
• Excellent influencing skills at a senior level
• Ability to coach internal and external stakeholders
• Drive and enthusiasm
• Passionate about safety and well-being
• Construction related qualification - Diploma level IOSH Membership
• Desirable; Understanding of pre-construction principles and modular construction
The Plus Points
A great opportunity to join a leading player and drive your career forward whilst being involved with major and exciting new projects. You will also be given a generous remuneration package and flexible benefits.
If you are interested please send your CV across today