|Job Ref:||204555766||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bromborough||Address:||Post Code:||CH62||Post Date:||10/10/2016 09:19|
One of the largest electric utilities providers, currently has a requirement for a Civil Structural Designer to join their team in Bromborough on a staff basis.|
About the role:
- Advise on the development of pre-contract design and delivery of projects by leading/supporting the technical aspects of civil engineering works.
- Perform all duties with a strong emphasis on health, safety, quality and environment compliance and continuous improvement.
- Assess engineering documentation, feasibility and compliance with client requirements and support the preparation of accurate budgets for new projects. Advise on construction and outage programmes where required in relation to civil engineering works.
- Responsible for preparing basic and detailed engineering specifications and designs for concrete foundations, access roads, steel structures, drainage and buildings associated with networks transmission projects.
- Responsible for providing technical assessment of tender submissions and reporting recommendations to client.
- Preparation/Review of construction drawings and specifications for construction/procurement. Control of correspondence and drawings to be issued to the Project Delivery and Pre-Contract Teams.
- Ensure civil engineering designs and construction practices are in accordance with current legislation, policies and operational requirements.
- Tender assessment of civil engineering works (including suppliers), support to project management on the assessment of bids.
- Provide technical support to the Pre-Contract and Project Delivery teams on matters concerning the design, construction and maintenance of civil engineering works.
- Preparation of project quality documentation following all IEC and client quality processes and provide and meet deliverable for PQP`s.
- Maintain an awareness of technological advances and industry best practice. Assist with evaluation and apply 'new ideas`, technical developments, new equipment and alternative-working methods to provide cost savings, efficiencies and improved safety.
- Liaise across multi-disciplinary engineering teams to provide end to end integrated solutions.
What you will need:
- Proven experience in a responsible position and knowledge of civil engineering works with Power
- CAD & 3D Modelling experience
- Knowledge of health & safety requirements in particular CDM and compliance
What`s in it for you:
- Attractive salary
- Working days / hours: 5 days a week/ 8 hour days
- Excellent working location