|Job Ref:||204555836||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||City:||Redhill||Address:||Post Code:||B49||Salary:||£45000 - £55000/annum + fantastic benefits||Post Date:||10/10/2016 09:15|
Business Analyst - based in Redhill, Surrey|
Paying up to £55,000 + fantastic benefits
A very exciting and market leading business in their sector is seeking an experienced Business Analyst to join their team in their Redhill office.
• Work on a project from initial concept through to implementation (Agile and Waterfall methods).
• Carry out impact assessments with each affected business unit and facilitate a common understanding of the impact of the solution being proposed.
• Present the requirements within the Business and to IT management with justifications and possible solutions explored.
• Conduct feasibility options for each requirement.
• Assess and recommend a solution to match a business requirement.
• Work with off-shore partners in the liaison of requirements and the review of 3rd party functional documentation.
• Produce high level & detailed requirements and functional specifications using current UML notation & techniques and agreed company standards & templates.
• Contribute towards the design of new system developments and the evolution of existing system capabilities within a Service Orientated Architecture (SOA).
• Work with project managers to recommend timescales and solutions to business problems.
• Consider Disaster Recovery implications and risk assessment when carrying out related tasks.
• Work alongside the development and implementation teams on the final testing phase.
• Plan and prioritise day-to-day and project-related assigned tasks effectively in order to meet the business requirements and project timescales.
• Report progress to IT management on a regular basis.
• Contribute to improving the analysis and requirements' gathering process by being an active member of the BA community.
• Provide functional support for the production running of the core business systems, diagnosing faults and recommending and defining required solutions to correct production issues.
• Undertake scenario testing of proposed solutions to prove concept of changes.
• Education to 'A' levels or equivalent + 5 years of experience in the IT industry.
• Minimum of 3 years' experience of business analysis (essential).
• Experience in the documentation of user requirements and proven experience of turning this into working solutions.
• Delivery track record for full lifecycle implementations.
• Experience in the understanding of business process re-engineering.
• Awareness and appreciation of new emerging technologies and standards being adopted within the IT industry and their potential benefits to any business.
• Utility-based background with knowledge of Supply Point Administration, Billing and Metering processes is highly desirable.
• Good understanding of the UK Utilities market is highly desirable.
• Good knowledge of UML modelling.
• Good understanding of SOA.
• Understanding of, and exposure to, project methodologies such as Agile, Prince 2 and their relevant tools.
• Adaptability & flexibility in working within a team.
• Ability to understand fully the wider issues surrounding a project.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work with minimal general supervision.
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Ability to use initiative and be self sufficient in taking ownership of a given area.
• Ability to run and control workshops with business users and follow these through into a documented solution.
• Ability to organise, plan and prioritise as required.
• Good inter-personal, communication and listening skills