|Job Ref:||204555910||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Coventry||Address:||Post Code:||CV1||Salary:||£50000 - £60000/annum + Company Car or Allowance||Post Date:||10/10/2016 09:19|
Development Project Manager / Software Project Manager - based in Coventry, West Midlands|
Paying up to £60,000 per annum + Company Car or Allowance (up to £5,000) and great benefits
A global leading software provider in its field is looking to recruit a Project Manager to fully manage all aspects of Agile software development projects through the full project lifecycle to deliver new and enhanced versions of the Company's products in line with the business vision for both internal and external customer delivery. To manage, motivate, and develop software development teams through effective coaching and line management. You will contribute to the strategic development of the department through the Software Development management team.
• Manage, lead, motivate and develop development team(s), which comprise of cross functional teams including developers, QA, business analysts and technical architects.
• Plan development and all related deliverables using a combination of agile/Scrum methodology and traditional project management techniques, where necessary. This will include:
o Daily SCRUM meetings
o Facilitating Sprint Planning and Review meetings
o Facilitating Sprint Retrospective meetings
o Managing the Product\Release and the Sprint backlog
o Tracking and communicating team velocity through the use of burn down charts and sprint/release progress updates
• Manage all aspects of project development including development of project plans, resource plans, project governance, day to day management of the development team and control of releases to ensure delivery of projects on time, to budget and to customer expectation and satisfaction.
• Identify and remove impediments for the team and ensure they are focused on delivery
• Establishing and managing expectations, both internally and externally.
• Control financial aspects of the project including estimates, quotations, orders, invoicing and cost control to ensure profitability against departmental targets.
• Work closely with product management team to ensure that customer projects are aligned where possible with the Company's product development roadmap.
• Work with customers and where necessary internal stakeholders to manage project scope, set customer expectations, manage scope changes, and set milestones and delivery timescales.
• Where appropriate work with internal teams during the handover and support phases of the project, and ensure all necessary maintenance is completed in an appropriate timeframe.
• Establish a creative and productive environment through effective team coaching and line management.
• Work as part of a development management team to define the software development process, evolving it as needs change to meet the demands of the company's products and markets, and to support departmental changes and growth.
• Work closely with the BA's, Strategic Project Managers and Product Owners to create a product roadmap to include all tracks of work, not just technical development.
• Report on project status to customer and company management.
• Contribute to the overall operational management of the Company which includes the full participation in a number of operational and strategic teams.
• Work with the release manager to ensure deployment notes/changes are added to the release and knowledge is passed from the project stream to release team.
• Undertake any projects assigned to you from time to time by your manager.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties and the post holder may be requested to undertake additional duties as required.
• 4+ years of managing a software development project teams with strong people management background. Experience of undertaking line management responsibilities.
• Demonstrable experience of managing software development projects through Scrum or a similar Agile process. In depth working knowledge of Agile software development approaches.
• Experience of managing teams through the full software development lifecycle from elaboration of requirements through to transition to customer business as usual.
• Experience of delivering software products and/or applications to external customers, with strong customer relationship management skills and ability to operate at senior management levels.
• Ability to maintain an appropriate balance between customer care and company commercial interests.
• Experience of object oriented development methods and object oriented languages, preferably Java.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proven ability to communicate enthusiastically, clearly and concisely to groups and individuals.
• Must be highly motivated and able to work on own initiative
• Knowledge of continuous integration and TDD process.
• Certified Scrum Master.
• Working knowledge of JIRA or Greenhopper type products
• Kanban Practitioner
• Hands-on technical background in software development or similar
• Knowledge of retail business or supply chain understanding
• Formal project management training and/or qualifications
• Travel - the role is focused on internal management of the development teams but this is a customer-facing role and as such travel to customer sites (generally in the UK but occasionally overseas) is expected. This is project dependant but is generally not more than 1-2 days per week