|Job Ref:||204556087||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Llanelli||Address:||Post Code:||SA15||Salary:||£42000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 09:14|
Production Control and Logistics Manager - Days|
* 25 days holiday
* Contributory pension scheme
* Structured training
* Free parking
I think this is an excellent role for an experienced Production Planner to join a global 1st tier automotive manufacturer at their site in Rotherham with 700 staff. The role will involve 70% Production Planning 30% Logistics Management, where they will co-ordinate the transportation of products to customers, supervise staff, monitor workflow and to ensure that the required levels of S.Q.D.C are met.
Having recruited for this business in the past I seen:
* A family orientated, friendly work place
* Substantial growth within the business from winning new clients and orders
* A fully supportive management team that help you achieve your working goals
The Operations Manager at our client said
"This is a good place to work for several reason. We have recently installed 3 new production lines with more investment planed. There is genuine succession planning and career opportunities as I myself have recently been promoted to Operations Manager. There are lots of opportunities to implement change and there is a friendly working environment and out of work social scene."
Day to day responsibilities
* Provide accurate and timely information on resource and capacity required
* Monitor and implement into build forecasts and plans the customer forecasts and release schedules supporting the Company's commitment to delivering quality products with the optimum utilisation of resources and to budget.
* Maintain an accurate and efficient production scheduling system
* Plan, execute and accomplish shipping manifests.
* Effective communication of build schedule results and any recovery plans required to meet customer requirements.
* Add trials to schedules and analyse business risk scenarios, supporting future new model introduction.
* Suggest and implement countermeasures and continuous improvements to ensure the smooth and efficient running of shipping activities.
* Manage all inventory to ensure accuracy in quality, supply, cost and delivery
* Review employee performance and identify training needs.
* Maintains safe and clean working environment encouraging "safety first" culture
Required skills and experience
* To hold an engineering qualification such as HND, HNC, OND, ONC.
* Minimum 4 years experience within a similar role in a fast paced, high volume manufacturing environment
* Excellent experience of Production scheduling and planning
* Demonstrable experience of problem solving and root cause analysis
* A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
* Experience of Kanban, Kaizen and Heijunka
* Demonstrable Production Planning experience
* Must have experience of implementing a pull system
If you would like to be considered for this role please apply with an updated copy of your CV