|Job Ref:||204554691||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Berkshire||City:||Reading||Address:||Post Code:||RG2||Salary:||£43000 - £58000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 09:14|
Our client is seeking an experienced Chartered Civil Engineer to help lead and grow their existing Infrastructure design capabilities, particularly in the highways and land development sectors, in their busy head office in Reading. The ideal candidate will be a capable leader who is also a positive and enthusiastic team player, who has a degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering and is a Chartered Engineer (MICE).|
* Responsibility for the direction, mentoring, training and performance management of your own civil engineering and infrastructure team
* Overseeing significant projects from conceptual planning stage through to construction
* Managing client needs, defining project technical specifications, managing risk, costs, fees and commercial requirements and managing all deliverables to ensure client satisfaction and commercial and technical project success.
* Takes responsibility for ensuring all projects within the local civil engineering and infrastructure teams are completed in a timely and cost effective way and develop key learning points and communicate across the group and/or the wider business.
* Making a contribution to the local business plan for civil engineering and infrastructure and to make a significant contribution to their delivery
* Assist with Business Development activity to enhance and grow our civil engineering and infrastructure capabilities locally, working in particular with the existing technical teams.
* Ensure all technical aspects of the team's project work are undertaken in accordance with the Practice's QMS, EMS and H&S procedures
* Experience of S278, S38 and S104
* Experience of leading teams and managing resources effectively
* Robust experience in highway design and specification, detailed drainage and attenuation design, chairing client and consultation project meetings and reporting skills in order to be able to lead a team and provide technical support
* Experience of working across a broad range of clients, particularly private land developers, but also contractors, energy companies, and local authorities.
* Substantial experience in consultation, negotiations and meetings with third party authorities (e.g. Local Authorities, Water Authorities, etc.)
* Ability to prepare of construction contracts and specifications