|Job Ref:||204555055||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Riyadh||Address:||Post Date:||10/10/2016 09:16|
Test Director - Rail |
To ensure that the Riyadh (Kingdom of Saudi Arabia) Metro Project is safely tested, commissioned and delivered into service in support of the overall Riyadh Metro Testing and Commissioning Plans in a safe, cost effective, timely manner.
- Help develop the overall metro Testing and Commissioning strategy and plans, in conjunction with Consortium and JV partners.
- Manage a Commissioning team to both oversee and perform testing and commissioning for metro project
- Coordinate closely with the Transit Systems Testing and Commissioning Team Test Director
- Provide input to project management, engineering, and construction to ensure startup requirements are incorporated into project activities, including review of project designs and construction to ensure Facilities operability and operating personnel and Public Safety.
- Coordinate and manage the rail Testing and Commissioning activities with the CWJV and Consortium Members as well as Subcontractors to ensure an integrated approach to test & commissioning
- Provide guidance to the formation of MEP subcontracts with respect to testing expectations and documentations
- Coordinate and manage the Testing and Commissioning activities with the CWJV and Consortium Partners to ensure an integrated approach to the railway test & commissioning
- Providing oversite, guidance and quality checks for subcontractors performing testing and commissioning
- Responsible for the Test and Commissioning of the Stations, Depots and Park and Rides that are the responsibility of the CWJV to self-perform
- Monitoring the definition of technical assurance requirements (testing certification) and production of assurance deliverables by the Contractors; facilitating the acceptance of certification in a progressive manner
- Supervises, coordinates, and reviews the work of assigned engineers, estimates staffing needs and schedules, and assigns work to meet completion dates.
- Ensures that work being performed is within scope of services and within budget.
- Develops key startup methods, procedures, and schedules on assigned project(s).
- Performs performance reviews for personnel supervised and ensures they receive appropriate technical assistance and on-the-job training for their professional development.
Receives operational surveillance, administrative supervision and technical guidance from the Test and Commissioning Manager.
Supervises and provides technical direction to subordinate engineers and assigned personnel.
Maintains good relationships with Client, office and project management personnel to ensure startup response to project needs. Represents startup on project teams as assigned.
- Extensive technical knowledge of startup and operations.
- Extensive knowledge of administrative practices including cost and scheduling.
- Extensive knowledge of precedents in the start up and operations areas and a broad knowledge of principles and practices of related areas.
- Broad knowledge of industry and regulatory standards and criteria pertinent to startup, maintenance, operations, or testing.
- A recognized degree in an engineering or scientific discipline
- A professional license in an engineering discipline
- Demonstrated skill in leadership.
- Substantial supervisory/leadership experience
- Experience in railway systems
- Experience in testing and commissioning of a railway
- Good communication skills
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to qualify for a work Visa in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia