|Job Ref:||204555133||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||West Sussex||City:||Crawley||Address:||Post Code:||RH10||Salary:||£300 - £320/annum £320 contract, £38,000 perm||Post Date:||10/10/2016 09:19|
We are working with a very successful construction company who provides specialist building, civil engineering and rail expertise to a range of markets within the UK. They are seeking a Quantity Surveyor to be based out of Crawley and also local sites up to 25 miles.|
This position is being offered as a contract (£320) or permanent (£38,000) position.
Reporting to the Project Manager on site, the Quantity Surveyor is responsible for all commercial and contractual matters on the site allocated to them and should be able to effectively manage surveyors and or assistant surveyors to successfully deliver that allocated project.
Working on projects valued between £1m - £5m on a mixture Industrial/Commercial of new build & refurbishment projects.
• Ensuring there is effective cost management of the project through regular and accurate forecasting and cost/value reporting.
• Lead and manage the procurement process to maximise profit and ensure subcontract orders are placed on time and in accordance with the company policy.
• Monitor and maximise cash flow.
• Support, advise, develop and train all members of the site team on commercial matters.
• Be aware of the contractual requirements of the project, advise the site team on key requirements and ensure that all notices and other matters are actioned accordingly to protect the company's position.
• Act and ensure others are acting in best commercial interests at all times.
• To act professionally at all times and promote the company's best standards and practices
• Monitor and chase main contract payments
Required Qualifications / Experience:
• Ideally you will be undertaking an accredited course of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) or the Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors (ICES).
• Alternatively, a degree relevant to HND subjects include building/construction, urban and land studies, civil engineering and structural engineering.
• A background in Construction/ Building or Civil Engineering will be essential
• Must have previous QS and relevant experience