|Job Ref:||204555185||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Staffordshire||City:||Burton upon Trent||Address:||Salary:||£60000 - £65000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:23|
Role: Head of Pharmacy Operations|
Location: Burton on Trent
Hours: 40 Hours Per Week
Salary: up to £65,000
When something happens, when you're at your most vulnerable, your first instinct is to get back home. Healthcare at Home provide the care people need, in the place they most want to be. After all, don't we all feel better at home?
Our vision is simple, to deliver inspirational healthcare in the home for millions worldwide. Currently Healthcare at Home cares for patients in the UK, Germany and Switzerland and our mission is to care for two million people worldwide by 2020. Working alongside healthcare providers and pharmaceutical companies we develop innovative solutions that meet patients needs to have both acute and long-term conditions treated at home. With a team of over 1,500, Healthcare at Home care for more than 150,000 patients a year and we are really excited about enabling many more patients to receive treatments in their own home and the planned growth ahead.
As an employee of Healthcare at Home you can expect to be part of a fast-growing, exciting and highly successful organisation that rewards strong performance. The company offers competitive base salaries as well as a portfolio of benefits.
Make a key contribution to the growth and improved profitability of HaH by providing a best in class pharmacy operations service working at the cutting edge of the industry. Provide leadership to the pharmacy team to ensure an efficient, effective and customer/patient focused service is delivered in accordance with current regulations and guidance.
Help Drive Organisational Wide Performance and Growth
• Make significant contributions as part of senior management team to the development of organisational wider strategies that drive growth and improve corporate profitability.
• Optimise the alignment between pharmacy operations and associated HaH departments. Make a positive contribution to helping HaH leverage its scope and scale.
• Actively support commercial and other functions when needed with the management of existing customer contracts or the development of new service offerings
Deliver Operational Excellence
• Develop an OGSM plan for the Pharmacy Department that delivers corporate goals/targets and prepares the Department for significant future growth.
• Develop robust plans for the efficient and effective supply of medicines in accordance with current regulations and guidance.
• Closely monitor performance against targets and agreed service delivery standards and ensure action is taken either directly, or through direct reports, to address any areas of underperformance.
• Assess capacity demands to undertake work tasks, and take steps to optimise the deployment of available staff resources.
• Deliver best in class operational procedures/practices.
• Ensure data required to meet contractual, legal and corporate governance requirements is collected accurately and within agreed timelines.
• Ensure quality management processes are in place and used effectively e.g. routine audits, recording of complaints; clinical incidents are subjected to rigorous 'root-cause' analysis.
• Use learning from these practices to inform developments in clinical practice and operational processes.
• Actively identify and manage risk. Put processes in place to identify the likelihood and severity of risks and develop strategies for managing these.
• Ensure agreed protocols/guidelines are being consistently applied by entire pharmacy team in relation to the supply of medicine to patients in accordance with the Medicines Act and "Medicines, Ethics and Practice Guide" and the Guide to Good Distribution Practice. This includes Pharmacists duties in regards to the following areas:
• Clinical screening of all prescriptions
• Checking validity of changes to dose
• Overseeing dispensing
• Undertaking final accuracy checking
• Ensuring a Responsible Pharmacist is on site during required times, ensuring compliance with legal framework
• Adverse events reporting
Drive Performance Improvement & Efficiencies
• Set stretching objectives for team in line with OGSM plan.
• Initiate systematic reviews of organisational processes to identify ways of enhancing the patient/customer experience and making operational efficiencies.
• Challenge mediocre practices and performances, and actively performance manage underperforming elements of the department.
• Identify new ways of working that enhance value or provide HaH with a competitive edge in the market place.
• Closely monitor expenditure against budget and ensure costs stay in line with expectations.
• Prepare robust business cases justifying any structural changes or need for additional investment.
Lead & Manage People
• Motivate and inspire the team to excel.
• Give Department clear direction and expectations, and take steps to check understanding across team.
• Exercise strong judgement in knowing when to adapt one's leadership approach to the needs of the individual, team and situation.
• Ensure direct reports have robust personal development plans and that such practice has cascaded throughout the department.
• Put processes in place to identity collective training needs, and develop a training plan to address existing capability gaps and help build capabilities needed to support future growth. Work in partnership with Chief Pharmacist where necessary.
• Ensure best practice regarding the on-boarding of new staff is implemented within area of responsibility.
• Prepare a local plan to support the retention of talent and to facilitate succession planning.
• Lead the selection process for directs reports and ensure managers/Lead Pharmacists do likewise for their areas of responsibility. Work collaboratively with recruitment to help build future talent pools.
• Conduct annual appraisals with direct reports.
• Support team to resolve complex issues and act as an escalation point when necessary.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Undergraduate Degree in Pharmacy
• Registered with the GPhC and completion of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) as per Society guidelines
• 5 years Previous management/leadership experience
• 7 experience working as a Pharmacist in a community or hospital environment
• Track record of delivering against agreed targets/goals and evidence of enhancing the delivery of pharmacy services
• Ability to think strategically and inform the future direction of the business
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to think creatively to identify new ways of working
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong influencing and relationship building skills
• Ability to motivate, develop and lead a team.
• Coaching and training skills
• Dynamic and driven to deliver results
• Business planning skills
• Exercise strong judgement and comfortable performance managing others
• Quality, customer and patient focused
• Project management skills
• Change management expertise
• Copes well under pressure and displays personal resilience
• Good level of clinical knowledge of medicines specific to HaH
• Detailed knowledge of legislation, regulations etc. as they pertain to the delivery of safe and effective pharmacy operations
• I.T. Skills including email, excel
Desirable Qualifications & Experience:
• Management qualification e.g. MBA
Healthcare at Home is an equal opportunities employer