|Job Ref:||204555363||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bourne||Address:||Post Code:||PE10||Salary:||£45000 - £55000/annum Car allowance, pension, healthcare||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:23|
* To help price tenders with the directors as and when necessary, ensuring competitive priced projects
* Set up Pre Cost Estimate sheets for each job prior to commencement.
* Work with the Directors and Commercial Manager in monitoring costs against the Pre Cost estimate.
* Carry out regular site visits to attend Scoping meetings, and carry out re- measures with Clients and Sub Contractors, prior to valuations and Final Accounts
* Working with the Project Managers, and Directors, prepare nterim valuations to the Client and Client Agents, escalating to the Commercial Manager if Certs are
* Working with the Project Managers, monitor and keep track of project progress, taking responsibility for the measurement and valuation of the CVO (variation process) during the contract, for agreement of interim payments and the final account
* Assist the Commercial Manager, in preparing and issuing contractual letters to clients and / or sub-contractors as and when required.
* Assist the Commercial Manager to provide accurate and cost effective Sub-contract negotiation and letting as and when required.
* Assist the Commercial Manager to provide certification of Sub Contractor monthly valuations, purchase orders and Final Accounts as required.
* Working with the Project Managers and Office Administrator, take commercial control for the snagging and O & M process to ensure we can apply for 100% of the value of Projects as early as possible
* At least 3 years' previous experience in a Commercial role
* An understanding of business practices within the Construction/shop-fitting
* Ability to establish positive working relationships with others both internally and externally, using strong communication skills to achieve the goals of the
* Ability to assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the
* Have good practical organizational skills, planning of resources and program scheduling
* Ability to meet deadlines and work calmly under pressure
* Computer skills: Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project,
* A Degree or similar qualification in Construction or Quantity Surveying or equivalent accredited by the RICS or CIOB is preferable but not essential.
If you would like to apply for this position feel free to call on NA or send your cv Occasionally due to the large number of cv's received it is difficult to contact everyone regarding their application. If you have not been contacted by anyone in 14 days please assume the role is now closed