|Job Ref:||204555448||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Weymouth||Address:||Post Code:||TF9||Salary:||£40000 - £45000/annum dependent on experience||Post Date:||10/10/2016 09:15|
Senior Mechanical Engineer|
Up to £45,000
Are you a senior Mechanical / Design engineer?
Do you have a strong background in Process Engineering?
Do you know all aspects of a project design cycle?
Are you Qualified to degree or equivalent level (preferably in mechanical engineering or related discipline)?
If yes to all of these questions we want to hear from you!
An exciting permanent Opportunity has arisen with Excellent company benefits and Competitive salary.
The role is To provide mechanical engineering design and development expertise to senior projects.
* As a competent Senior Mechanical Design Engineer, the jobholder's responsibilities will tend to be broader, as compared to a Mechanical Design Engineer, in both complexity and diversity. The jobholder will also work with areas of Engineering change and modifications to existing systems where appropriate.
* Work with the Project Leaders, Mechanical Engineering Manager and Mechanical team to understand and agree project deliverable and milestones. Ensure agreed timescales are reported against and met.
* Through appropriate testing procedures, ensure new/ modified item is 'fit for purpose' and in line with overall design requirements.
* Assist Mechanical Engineering Manager to devise and to review regularly all relevant Mechanical Engineering Department standards and procedures.
* Where appropriate, build initial design/ prototype
You will need the following:
* Qualified to degree or equivalent level (preferably in mechanical engineering or related discipline).
* Previous experience working successfully in a mechanical engineering role.
* Able to act as a lead contributor within own department and competent in all the major aspects.
* Able to act pro-actively to understand 'client / customer' needs and offer assistance prior to being requested.
* Able to achieve goals / objectives as an individual and also in a team environment.
* Experience of successfully managing and completing small to medium projects, which may involve the co-operation of others; good cross discipline communication skills, contributes to effective decision making, identifies and takes ownership of problems.
* Able to manage own time and workload to deliver against agreed targets, set both on short-term and medium term timescales.
Excellent Company with amazing benefits, apply today