|Job Ref:||204556839||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Southampton||Address:||Post Code:||SO14||Salary:||£45000 - £55000/annum benefits||Post Date:||10/10/2016 09:16|
Senior SQL Server DBA |
£45,000 - £55,000 + great benefits
A Senior SQL Server Database Administrator (DBA) is required to work for a global data IT specialist based in Southampton, Hampshire. This is a great time to join the business as they on-board some new high level technical talent to improve efficiency and performance of their databases.
The SQL DBA is responsible for the availability, efficiency, and recoverability of the production MSSQL databases. To ensure the availability and performance of the production systems, the DBA must be involved in many aspects of software development, system administration, and operations. The DBA will be an effective communicator and a dedicated individual to be successful in this growing, fast-paced environment.
* Extensive SQL Server DBA experience (5yrs+)
* Expert knowledge and use of Microsoft Windows and MSSQL, ideally experience with VMWare.
* Experience in the design, planning, implementation and monitoring of database systems in a multi-vendor Microsoft Windows networked environment
* Excellent communication skills, able to communicate with all levels of the business and offshore teams.
* Experience in designing and managing database systems for mission critical, high-traffic OLTP and OLAP systems.
* In-depth knowledge of the MSSQL platform, including high-availability design/operation, performance tuning, capacity planning, automated backup and recovery.
* Expertise with Microsoft Windows replication, Microsoft Windows clustering, disaster recovery, and geographic load distribution of database services.
* Perform database installations, upgrades and configuration
* Experience with task automation scripting using T-SQL
The company offer a great working environment; challenging work, progressive career opportunities and investment in technology and training. To apply, please send you CV