|Job Ref:||EMP374018||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Gaydon||Address:||Post Code:||CV35||Salary:||£50,000/year||Post Date:||13/10/2016 21:37|
Provide leadership of engineering design, development and release of Interior Cockpit components for all programmes.|
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
• Lead the day to day management of the Interior Cockpit team.
• Lead component and system target setting.
• Set objectives & targets for the team
• Ensure PMSTs meet Program milestones and deliverables
• Enable cross functional engineering across PD
• Ensure all DVP & PV testing is complete to achieve Final Engineering sign off
• Develop and improve the team’s capability and knowledge
• Lead the technical growth and direction
• Develop a sustainable and efficient long term component strategy
• Manage the cross functional team to achieve Quality, Cost and Delivery.
• Lead the documentation of engineering signoff approval for all Interior Cabin content.
• Lead engineering decision making in performance engineering design and issue resolution to meet all program targets.
• Communicate status to wider business.
Qualifications & Experience
• Degree in relevant subject or equivalent experience, ideally at least 2:1
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Interior Engineering.
• Extensive knowledge of Interior Engineering and Development.
• Proven leadership experience.
• Detailed understanding of all Interior component manufacturing processes.
• Intuitive knowledge of mechanical engineering theory and application
• Strong people management skills
• Good presentation skills
• Excellent knowledge of tolerance/variation, testing and development, FMEA, problem solving, tooling principles, appreciation for VFM.
• Excellent mechanical engineering background and a comprehensive knowledge of Interior design and development.
• Understanding of financial management principles
• Working knowledge of AMPCS / MISSION or similar Product Creation Process.
• Excellent organisational skills – both of self and others
• Comfortable working to deadlines and holding others to account
• Able to influence others – even when direct reporting lines are not present