|Job Ref:||EMP374048||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Fareham||Address:||Salary:||£28,000 - £32,000/year||Post Date:||13/10/2016 21:37|
Our client are a leading provider of VSAT systems to the commercial & leisure marine markets. They are currently seeking an experienced field engineer to join their expanding team at their new UK offices in Fareham. Strong marine VSAT skills needed. |
Strong experience of the installation and maintenance of marine VSAT systems such as Seatel
Analysis of system performance, diagnosis of component or system faults and corrective maintenance of VSAT system and components. Perform installation of new VSAT systems.
- Diagnose VSAT system symptoms and information with computer software and test equipment
- Troubleshoot components of the VSAT system with computer software and test equipment
- Interpret troubleshooting results and determine best course of action to restore VSAT operability
- Analyse results of corrective actions to ensure systems, components and services working satisfactorily.
- Interpret problems or symptoms reported by customer IT representative and diagnose possible causes of service problems with the network, systems or components.
- Interpret data from digital or analogue menus in assessment of parameters, settings and symptoms.
- Install new VSAT equipment and upgrade components or systems on vessels or buildings.
- Test, locate and restore service by interpreting service orders, circuit diagrams and troubleshooting.
- Modify computer / system software settings and parameters. Provide feedback reports.
- Change software and scripting coding.
- Test and adjust equipment as necessary.
- Perform routine maintenance on shipboard VSAT systems, components and software.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Maintain tools, test equipment and travel documents in order and ready to travel
TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Degree or equivalent relevant experience required.
- Working knowledge of Telnet, PC Anywhere, Windows OS required.
- Strong experience of RF systems ideally marine based VSAT systems, their maintenance, installation and repair.
- Wireless network installation and/or maintenance experience required.
- Field experience desired.
THE SALARY QUOTED IS A BASIC SALARY ONLY. Additional earnings are offered for out of area travel and offshore/overseas working. These additions will significantly increase the actual earnings for this position. Please enquire for more details on this.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK