|Job Ref:||EMP374044||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Aberdeenshire||City:||Aberdeen||Address:||Salary:||£30,000 - £34,000/year||Post Date:||13/10/2016 21:37|
Our client are a major marine electronics installation and integration business, they are currently seeking an experienced engineer to join them in their Aberdeen offices. |
Strong experience of marine electronics installation and service on larger scale commercial vessels.
By their experience and training, an Electronics Engineer is someone who can undertake repairs, maintenance or new installations of marine electronics on board a variety of vessels. An Engineer should also be able to join small projects and lead a team of trade support staff to complete in their day-to-day duties both on-board ships and in the workshop / office.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Works with the Regional Manager and Principal Engineer to ensure the profitable and efficient completion of work
- Carry out installation and commissioning of equipment on customers’ vessels and premises
- Carrying out maintenance and repair of equipment on customers’ vessels and premises and on company premises
- Providing technical support to customers and the company’s sales and service agents
- Promoting and seeking the sales of Company products and services during contact with customers
- Able to perform surveys and inspections of ship radio communications and radio navigational installations, subject to being in possession of the appropriate qualifications, accreditations and experience
- Be trained in the latest Hi-tech equipment and integrated systems in line with their experience and qualifications
- Be able to travel to other UK and Foreign locations as / when required
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge
- Past experience in a service industry as well as an in depth knowledge of the wider maritime community.
- Technical background which would allow an understanding of concepts of all areas of Marine electronics.
- Experienced in engineering management and team leadership.
- Good track record in customer service, sales or other applicable role in which customer contact was critical to success.
- HNC/HND or equivalent in an Electronics / Electrical discipline.
- Full driving licence
- Demonstrate and have skills to lead, manage and organise small projects
- GMDSS operator’s certificate
- Radio survey experience
- BOSIET or OLF certification
- Experience working for a marine electronics service company
- Navigation and Communications manufactures training courses
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK