AQUILA Air Traffic Management Services is a partnership between NATS,a leading UK air navigation services specialist and Thales, a driving force in UK and global air traffic management. Together, we are deploying our expert knowledge to improve military air traffic management in the UK. It’s a transformational project named Project Marshall, which, will deliver ongoing service efficiency savings for UK military terminal air traffic services throughout the 22 year life of the programme.|
Join AQUILA as a Commercial Manager where you will be responsible for supporting and developing the aims and objectives of the commercial function in direct support of the business management leads. Working on own initiative, the role holder will oversee the contractual affairs of designated areas within the business unit throughout the entire Project Life-Cycle, encompassing management of key elements of the existing contract, commercial control whilst bidding for contract changes, subsequent negotiation and closure opportunities of higher value and/or complexity.
- To lead and/or carry out the following activities in respect of elements of the Marshall contract and drive to closure changes of significant size and/or complexity autonomously:
- Serve as a focal point of contact for Aquila business managers and the customer regarding contractual matters by establishing good relationships and communications.
- Generate the Commercial Response of proposed contract amendment in accordance with the agreed strategy and customer requirement
- Assist the Bid Managers to generate Proposal Documentation (statement of work, Risk Register and Executive Summary) matched to Customer requirements
- Ensure that proposals to customer are priced, developed and approved in accordance with company procedures
- Support the development and implementation of the negotiation strategy, including payment profiles and associated terms to meet the cash flow requirements of the business.
- Ensure a robust Contract Baseline is established and maintained, including contractual changes.
- Provide guidance on compliance to terms and conditions, identifying the flow down of such terms and conditions and supporting the assessment of ‘supply chain gap analysis’.
- Assist the Sub Contract Management function by supporting subcontract negotiations as required.
- Identification of potential liabilities, risks, issues and disputes, arising with customers, suppliers, partners and third parties, and produce innovative mitigation plans.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Maintain contractual records, documentation of key correspondence, status and issue reports etc.
- Degree Qualified (or equivilent)
- Relevant professional qualification e.g. CIPS / IACCM (desirable)
- Detailed working knowledge of defence contracting and/or civil/commercial aerospace contracting.
- Proven track record on successful commercial proposal preparation and negotiation.
- Drafting and negotiation of complex contracts and agreements.
- Comprehensive understanding of commercial risks and issues.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to identify and implement change within the commercial function and to support/lead the change process to improve effectiveness of the business and/or commercial function.
- Ability to interface well and influence effectively at senior management internally and externally with customers, partners and suppliers.
- Business aware and customer oriented with organisation and commercial awareness.
- Effective stakeholder engagement skills both internally and externally.
- Manages time effectively within an environment of changing priorities.
Will need to be mobile/flexible enough to visit other sites both in the UK and internationally at short notice.