Thales technology makes it possible for two thirds of planes to take off and land safely. Thales also protects 80% of the world’s payment card transactions and is Europe’s number one supplier of defence electronics. Beyond that our people have made London’s Jubilee and Northern Lines 20% more efficient and have delivered more than 300 air defence radars in 26 countries. We’re a leading name in our markets and a diverse, constantly evolving organisation. Join us.
To help achieve our ambition we are currently looking to recruit a Purchasing Manager to join our Indirect Procurement team, based from Crawley, Weybridge or Basingstoke, before our planned office move to Reading in Spring 2017. This excellent opportunity to join a valued Procurement function that is at the heart of transforming our business and is recognised for helping to drive innovation across our business.
Thales can offer you excitement and variation, working with a varied supply chain with a department spend of over £220million per year. You will be supported by investment in continuous improvement methods, training and development and a structured career path.
Primary Purpose of the Role:
In this role you will be a Commodity Purchasing Manager, operating where required on an international basis to define group purchasing strategy, engaging with Stakeholders, undertaking delivery through change management approaches and adhering to process and agreed Stakeholder expectations.
You will take responsibility for key supplier relationship management and development, delivering tangible business and financial benefits in line with individual, Group and Purchasing Shared Services objectives.
- Manage a segment locally / nationally / internationally as required.
- Contribute to the formulation and implementation of the global strategy for the segment.
- Develop a sound knowledge of the relevant market and Supplier practices
- Implement the defined Strategies using the Manage Acquisition and Family Policy Review process
- Negotiate Framework Agreements and specific contracts for his / her segments and define logistic procedures within the supply chain, ensuring the procure to pay process is delivered as part of contract deployment.
- Manage the Supplier database for his/her segment.
- Define and implement the segment communication plan for both internal and external use (i.e., for Clients and Suppliers).
- Manage Supplier relationships, ensuring continuous performance improvement and implementing the necessary action plans, (e.g., dispute resolution, delivery time & quality improvements). Tools that may be used, International Business Reviews, (IBR) and Strategic Business Reviews (SBR,s) ensuring that a 360 degree review is undertaken for all suppliers that are identified as Strategic and that this methodology of supplier Relationship Management is deployed where practical with all suppliers in the Segment.
- Work with and share ideas with other Segment Purchasing staff across Purchasing Shared Services, Domains and other countries to identify potential synergies.
- Validate Purchase Orders and sign contracts on behalf of Divisional Entities, in accordance with the delegated authorisation rules.
- Where required to demonstrate through Strategy Management that Risk in the Segment Supply Chain to Thales has been identified and mitigation effects are in place and are a part of any Strategic Commodity Review undertaken.
Technical & Professional Skills:
- Experience working in Purchasing in the Facilities Management domain
- Results oriented in the achievement of purchasing objectives
- Ability to influence and impact, developing a vision
- Ability to influence a multidisciplinary team
- Command of contemporary purchasing techniques
- Advanced negotiation, communication and listening skills essential.
- Must be able to use an analytical and inclusive approach to solve problems
- Ability to work within a network, sharing experiences and knowledge
- Experience of project management within a multidisciplinary environment.
- Must be service oriented towards Internal Clients
- Wide ranging and varied experience in the purchasing / supply chain function required.
- Experience of working within an international environment an advantage.
- Corporate Membership of the CIPS or an equivalent organisation
- A working knowledge of French would be advantageous
- A willingness to travel and be away from home is paramount in this position
- CIPS Qualified and experience in Category Management essential
- Must be able to attain security clearance.
*LI - RD