Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
Our professionals specialize in design, master planning, environmental and ecological planning, strategic planning and economic development. We create implementable solutions that promote sustainable land use and enhance quality of life.
- Under the direction of the Risk Manager, facilitate and coordinate risk management activities.
- Take responsibility for the administration of the central coordination function for risk management processes.
- Maintain and coordinate the Project Risk Action Plan.
- Liaise and contribute to the management of the risk accreditation program.
- Acts as a resource person in regard to risk management for services.
- Assist the Risk Manager in the development, implementation and maintenance of project-wide risk management frameworks.
- Assist Risk Manager in the development, implementation and maintenance of project-wide policy development (coordination) processes, ensuring legislative compliance.
- Perform duties in accordance with the project policies and procedures, Code of Conduct, and relevant Legislation.
- Implement key risk management processes for the organisation
- Identify and assess the risks affecting the project
- Implement, the plan of risk control actions
- Successfully close out audit actions, opportunities for improvement and areas of concern.
- Collaborate with managers in developing new policies, systems and processes.
- Work with managers and other employees to ensure procedural compliance and provide assistance and information.
- Regularly audit internal systems and procedures and work in partnership to achieve these outcomes.
- Have regular interaction with the H&S and Environmental Manager to ensure a coordinated approach.
- Actively participate in and contribute to the technical aspects of projects so that projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Escalate issues or problems where appropriate.
Statutory Requirements - OH&S, QA & Corporate Standards
- Maintain good communication and cooperate with all team members.
- Promote a healthy climate of communication including information sharing
- Find opportunities to cooperate with members of other groups
Maintain the quality of work by complying with:
Safety for Life:
- The Code of Conduct
- Good Working Relationships Policy
- Diversity Policy
- IT Policy
- QA procedures
- Comply with the AECOM OH&S policy
- Adopt work practices that support OH&S programs
- Take reasonable care for their own health and safety and the health and safety of other people who may be affected by their conduct in the workplace
- Seek guidance for all new or modified work procedures
- Ensure that any hazardous conditions, near misses and injuries are reported immediately to the supervisor
- Participate in meetings, training and other environment
- Minimum of 10 years of related and supportive experience gained working in working in remote locations
- Knowledge and demonstrated work experience in corporate and project management systems and processes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of risk minimisation principles and methodologies.
- Well developed interpersonal, oral and written communication, liaison and negotiation skills.
- Well developed planning and coordination skills.
- Well developed conceptual, analytical and research skills.
- Knowledge of ISO Standards accreditation program and standards implementation.
- Current knowledge of legislative and regulatory requirements in the areas of Risk Management.
- Customer (internal and external) focus
- Well presented, with a professional attitude
- Willingness to develop technical and project management skills
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrates enthusiasm
- Is collaborative
- Willing to share knowledge, experience, ideas and expertise for the betterment of group and self.
- Degree or other qualification in Risk Management or related discipline.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.