|Job Ref:||141669BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||United States||County/State:||Texas||City:||San Antonio||Address:||Post Date:||30/09/2016 12:11|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
AECOM's Global Support Services (GSS) organization resides within AECOM's Government business line and is comprised of three divisions - International Development, Operations and Mission Support, and Global Programs. GSS has the international presence, personnel networks and procurement infrastructure to deliver support for any mission, anywhere. We optimize the reliability, availability and sustainability of equipment, logistics systems and facilities for clients around the world. GSS supports the U.S. Government, non-U.S. Governments and industry clients with worldwide program management, planning, design, operations and maintenance, logistics, aviation services, security, international development, environmental and civil engineering and mission and intelligence support.
Please NOTE: Job is contingent and is pending contract award.
Purpose and Scope:
Perform purchasing/buying activities for supported Foreign Military Sales (FMS) organizations necessary to procure materials such as, but not limited to military aircraft parts, raw materials, aviation support equipment parts, tools and consumable supplies. Execute these duties in accordance with standard AECOM procurement policies and laws or regulations dictated by the Federal Government and Department of Defense. Performance of this role will include the following duties and responsibilities:
1) Purchasing for standard, non-standard and High Level of Service (HLS) requirements falling under the U.S. Government's micro-purchase threshold.
2) Identifying, screening, selecting and managing vendors and providing corresponding critique and evaluation of vendor performance as necessary.
3) Promoting and obtaining competitive bids, quotes and proposals among vendors.
4) Determining and documenting fair and reasonable pricing in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) guidelines.
5) Conduct follow-on source selection of sources providing bids/proposals and quotations.
6) Minimize pass-through costs by promoting competition and sourcing Original Equipment Manufacturers direct when practical
7) Negotiate standard terms and conditions including prompt payment discounts, price, warranties and delivery timeframes.
8) Award contracts, purchase orders and subcontracts as applicable.
9) Communicate with customers by processing status transactions, authoring narrative messages, sending emails and conducting telephonic conversations.
10) Process electronic Status Codes to applicable customers and the U.S. Government.
11) Conduct business transaction in compliance with AECOM's approved procurement system, AECOM's contractual obligations and the Federal Acquisition Regulation.
12) Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
1) Bachelor's degree (BA) from a four-year college or university and one to two years related experience and/or training or an
equivalent level of training and experience.
2) An intermediate level working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office software with the ability to learn and operate other Windows based software systems as necessary.
3) An ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, item drawings, specifications, technical orders, operating and procedure manuals or governmental regulations.
4) Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedural manuals.
5) Ability to effectively present information both orally and in written form to respond to questions from managers, clients, customers and the general public.
6) Knowledge of purchasing and a solid grasp of the complex nature of procurement in the USG domain. Knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) is a plus.
7) Knowledge of Department of Defense MILSTRIP and/or military supply requisitioning procedures. Ability to use/read the Fed-Log and/or Haystack information systems and interpret standard supply codes.
8) Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations (e.g. sum total, discounts, interest, mark-ups, commission proportions and percentages). Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
9) Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. This may include the review and interpretation of specifications and drawings.
10) Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed deadlines.
1) Must be a US citizen.
2) Must have the ability to gain and maintain a Government Security Clearance.
3) Must be able to pass various online skills assessments.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.