Job description |
Job title: Technical Consultant : Emerging Solutions - Managed Cloud Solutions
Direct reports: N/A
- Provide in-depth pre-sales technical support and delivery capability to HDS customers in EMEA and APAC.
- Be a centre of competence for HDS Managed Cloud Solutions and have a detailed knowledge of all other HDS solutions.
- Collaborate with other support functions to drive and deliver HDS Managed Cloud Solutions revenues whilst maximising customer satisfaction.
- Develop relationships with customers to ensure an appreciation of current and potential benefits available from HDS Managed Cloud Solutions in their environment.
- Participate in the design, installation, implementation and documentation of new Hitachi solutions in the Managed Cloud Solutions space according to defined Statements of Work
- Provide expertise on the best practice of deploying and integrating Hitachi Solutions. Understand and exploit customer's technical issues and align solutions to business need
- Advise / educate customers, staff and partners on the technical advantages of HDS solutions in the Managed Cloud Solutions arena
- Develop deep expertise on Hitachi Products and current and emerging technologies as directed by manager, including achieving subject matter expertise (SME) status in specific products, services and technologies related to Managed Cloud Solutions environments.
- Understand a customer's IT environment and support account teams to deliver optimal solutions
- Participate in the design of HDS solutions to represent the optimum technical solution for a customer's business applications.
- Deliver formal presentations of technical solutions to HDS customers and partners
Advise on HDS industry wide technology and direction
- Comply with Hitachi policies and guidelines
- Perform other duties as required or directed by manager
- Creating the high level solution design for a bid or proposal.
- Capturing solution costs
- Risk & assumption management
- Presenting to external stakeholders
- Contribute to transition plan by identifying tasks required to implement solution
- Engage internal stakeholders to ensure solution is deliverable and supportable
- Matures the solution to remediate any solution gaps from bid phase
- Requirements management
- Governance over low level designs and implementation
- Internal and external stakeholder management
- Managing technical RAID log
- Working with Transition Managers to ensure deliver of solution to contract and submitted costs, minimising scope creep through change control.
- Maintain baseline high level design documents for estate
- Undertake technical recovery manager role
- Work closely with client to develop strategy and roadmaps
- Maintain technical RAID logs including capacity and SPOF reporting
- Identify service improvement plans
- Act as custodian of the environment
- Provide technical governance for change - Essential Skills TDAs must have a solid understanding of outsourced services along with broad skills in the following areas:
- Technical (high level) solution design
- Cost capture - risk and assumptions
- Stakeholder management - internal, clients, suppliers
- Storage & Backups
- Demonstrable track record of successful solution delivery of IT environments
- At least five years' experience within Hitachi, a similar competitor organisation, end user or IT consultancy services provider
- Proven ability to work in multi-skilled teams, including customer, third party, and Hitachi people
- Consultative and customer focused
- An understanding of the market conditions and requirements in the practice specialty area
- Good knowledge of ITIL processes
- Knowledge of Hitachi products and services
- Knowledge of network integration and networking technologies eg Brocade / Cisco
- Practical 'hands on' experience of the delivery of services, knowledge of the techniques, sensitivities, and issues that arise. Knowledge of IT development processes and IT technologies
- Able to demonstrate skills in the following areas:
- Experience with other converged solutions
- 7 years of experience of infrastructure solution design as part of bids, transition and/or governance roles
- Formal education
- Strong VMWare skills & certifications
- Technical aptitude to enable information about Hitachi products and services to be absorbed and applied to solve business problems
- Able to develop well-structured presentations with informative and well-presented information appropriate for the desired audience
- Personable - be able represent Hitachi positively to customers UK wide
- Able to work in unstructured environments and situations
- Able to relate well to both customer business and technical staff