Hourly Rate Bands £9.51 - £10.00 Salaried/Hourly-Paid Hourly-Paid |
You will be responsible for the security and safety of all visitors and staff at this governmental site. The role will include following standard operating procedures and assignment instructions and t o ensure that expectations are understood, met and exceeded and that a five star customer service emanates through daily roles and responsibilities. The ideal candidate will need to tailor their security services and arrangements to match specific situations.
- To assist and monitor the Security Team to respond to incidents.
- To ensure all incoming telephone calls are answered in a timely manner and to take over the switchboard during the week.
- To cover the reception as directed at locations listed within the Assignment Instructions.
- To monitor access and egress of personnel and respond to breaches.
- To be responsible for the administration, issue and return of all keys and radio communication equipment.
- To ensure that all incidents, which occur during the course of your duties, are reported promptly and recorded within the guidelines laid down by Corporate Security and efficiently dealt with.
- To ensure integrity of the security systems is maintained.
- To ensure that the removal of goods and permit to work procedures are maintained at all times.
- To conduct mandatory searches of bags and personal belongings to sub-contractors and cleaners before they leave the premises, on the client's instruction.
- To comply with data protection guidelines regarding disclosure of personal and confidential information held on the security databases.
- Handle all security operations, including access control related issues, the patrolling of the site, CCTV operation and conducting security checks (people/premises/cars) in accordance with agreed procedures and take preventative actions as required.
- To cover the reception and turnstiles as directed at locations listed within the Assignment Instructions.
- To conduct regular internal and external perimeter building patrols.
- Staff should be aware of suspect packages being deposited in and around the precinct of the building and should make themselves aware of the separate procedure to be adopted should such a devise be discovered.
- To report any incident or occurrence out of the ordinary to Security Control Centre and enter into the Daily Occurrence Book (DOB).
- Undertake authorised surveillance activities and present both verbal and written reports on findings and recommendations.
- Use knowledge of local and national and international situations in order to identify periods of high risk.
- Respond to emergencies and alarms in accordance with agreed procedures and time frames, Liaise with key partners, including local Police.
- Take appropriate actions to restrain/arrest suspicious people in accordance with legislative frameworks.
- Any other duties deemed to be appropriate or necessary to the post.
What we are looking for
- Able to apply the appropriate search techniques in order to reduce potential security threats.
- Able to apply crime prevention techniques and able to follow arrest procedures.
- Able to quickly assimilate information.
- Able to portray a calm and professional front even where the security level has been heightened, so avoiding unnecessary public alarm.
- Able to work in a structured and disciplined environment as well as participate in both team and individual activities.
- A high level of personal and environment awareness in order to proactively analyse potential security threats.
- Able to understand and implement instructions in stressful situations.
- Able to potentially control threatening situations.
- Good communication (both written and oral) and customer service skills (Essential).
- Experience in working within a team as well as on your own (Essential)
- A valid SIA Licence Door Supervisor (Essential).
- First Aid qualified
- A good understanding of key legislation and criminal law. (PACE, Data Protection & Human Rights Act).
- Demonstrable proactive and professional approach to security.
- Ability to operate in a pressurised environment, with excellent problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail, proactive and excellent time management.
Security Clearance Required:
- Credit checks
- Criminal convictions checks
- Any defaults (any conviction, even small)
- Residence in the UK for the minimum of 5 years (Essential)
- Government clearance will also be required to fulfil the role.
- Pay rate: £9.54 per hour
- Shift pattern: Various 56 hours per week
- Working hours: Days, Nights & Weekends
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.3 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.