|Job Ref:||RWGCKS310816SQS||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Brentwood||Address:||Salary:||£ 40,000 - £ 69,000 per year, performance bonus and benefits||Post Date:||18/10/2016 00:20|
Are you a Senior Quantity Surveyor who seeks to improve upon procedures in order to achieve higher efficiency & profitability?|
This is your chance to progress your career working on behalf of one of the UK's best housebuilders. As a Senior Quantity Surveyor you will be responsible for managing multiple new build housing schemes.
* To supervise, manage and advise on the Financial and Contractual Aspects of multiple construction projects across the division
* Attends design team meetings and development meetings when appropriate and also main contract pre-start and subcontract package review meetings
* Liaises with Development Surveyors to establish requirements for pre-contract expenditure and strategic procurement
* Receive initial tender information and prepare and update procurement programmes
* Agrees selection of suitable Subcontractors for works packages. Approves the competency of Subcontractors for inclusion on the Subcontractor's Approved List. Maintains and reviews the Approved List of Subcontractors in accordance with the Departmental procedures
* Monitors production of information and advised on financial feasibility of design development
* Prepares Subcontract tender documentation, analyses tender returns and makes recommendations on subcontractor selection
* Prepares tender evaluations, A1 and C6 accounts forms for approval / signing by authorised signatory
* Attends subcontract pre-order meetings and agrees any post tender variations and matters affecting tender sum
* Prepares and monitors subcontract documentation and warranties for eventual engrossment by parties to the contract
* Prepare and agree initial preliminaries costings with Construction Director and monitors expenditure
* Liaise with contract buyer to determine allowances within budget for the direct procurement of materials and monitor material purchasing costs and incorporate in contract financial reports
* Attends site meetings, project team meetings and subcontract meetings during currency of contract
* Prepares and submits notices and applications for Client / Agent for Extension of Time claims
* Ensures Subcontractors are prequalified with respect to H and S and that all H and S documentation is in place prior to starting on site
* Keep RAMS schedule updated and issue to relevant parties
* Competitive Salary
* Performance related Bonus
* Rewarding Career Path
* Market Leading Benefits Package
* In-house development and training structure
* Passionate about construction, house building and customer service
* Wide knowledge of Construction Industry processes and procedures
* Understanding of methods of measurement, standard forms of contract and reporting procedures, preparation of contractual claims
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Excellent knowledge of ICT and Software systems
* Qualified in Quantity Surveying or equivalent
This opportunity offers the right person the chance to join a superb company with great benefits. If you are a Quantity Surveyor with experience in house building please look no further and apply now.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
skills Quantity Surveyor, Senior Quantity surveyor, Chartered Surveyor, procurement programs, tender management