|Job Ref:||28366BR||Employer:||Black & Veatch||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||Kansas||City:||Overland Park||Address:||Post Date:||20/10/2016 01:01|
The Commercial Manager will assist in the development of complex EPC projects for the Telecom Business line while balancing the commercial interests of the business with the corporate risk profile. Position is heavily involved with the detailed reading and analysis of contractual documents and drafting to protect B&V interests. |
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Identifies, assesses, and reports on risk in proposed agreements to Proposal Manager and Project Director
• Develops and proposes appropriate contracting approaches, consistent with region sales plans, to avoid or transfer risk and documents those strategies in a risk management plan.
• Ensures alignment of B&V commercial objectives with those of our strategic business partners through careful reading and analysis of either Customer supplied agreement forms or adoption of BV standard form agreements to specific needs of project.
• Understands the workings of and assists a project team with further development of the commercial terms of an appropriate implementation agreement for each teaming relationship (joint venture, consortium, etc.)
• Attends both internal and external negotiation sessions and provides leadership to commercial negotiations of prime contracts, joint ventures and consortium agreements, term sheets, and teaming agreements with clients, business partners and major subcontractors in accordance with project sales plans and Proposal Review Board instructions.
• Responsible for functional drafting and editing of documents and control of any computer aided projected drafts used in negotiations and circulation of updated drafts as well as record keeping. Maintenance of most recent draft to provide logical sequencing of revisions is critical.
• Works closely and cooperatively with the BV Legal Department in all aspects of the Proposal and Project development.
• Ensures compliance with or points out gaps in corporate and business unit policies and procedures regarding contract review and risk management.
• Engage and coordinate resources, and work and interface collaboratively with, and consolidate and reconcile all comments among, partners, proposal team, and subject matter experts, including LIFTT (Legal, Insurance, Finance, Tax, and Treasury) into applicable documents during the proposal process.
• Informs proposal and project management of the critical commercial risk factors of the contract documents. Based on experience guides in methods used in past to mitigate such risk factors.
• Advises project teams on critical commercial issues as they relate to the flow down of terms & conditions in major subcontracts.
• Administers, interprets, and enforces Corporate and Telecom Business Policies.
• Provides subject matter expertise to Telecom Executive Leadership through regular participation in the PRB (Proposal Review Board) & ERB (Executive Review Board) review process and to Energy Business and corporate training initiatives.
Bachelor of science degree.
Preferred Job Qualifications
10+ years work experience dealing with reading, analysis and drafting of commercial contractual documents strongly preferred.
• In-depth knowledge of the commercial aspects of EPC contracts with the ability to relate contract risk to project execution variables.
• Working knowledge of multi-discipline engineering, procurement and construction contracts.
• Practical experience negotiating commercial terms of various contracting approaches such as JVs, LLCs and consortiums.
• Actual experience in negotiation of complex EPC deals including financed and not financed.
• Understanding of market forces affecting clients, business partners and competitors.
• International experience.
• Strong verbal, written communications skills and ability to communicate effectively and persuasively at the executive level of the organization and in cross-cultural situations.
• Proficiency with Microsoft office tools. (Track Changes, version control, basic document editing skills, power point etc.
• Demonstrated acumen and problem solving skills in project development and contract formation.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Disabled/Veterans/Females