Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||CA_38535||Employer:||Carillion plc||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Hyde||Address:||Post Code:||SP6||Post Date:||16/10/2016 01:02|
Purpose of Role
To prepare and serve food and beverages to customers. To carry out cleaning and related duties as required in order to assist the delivery of a high quality catering service.
• Ensure that agreed quality and health and safety procedures are correctly and fully understood and implemented
• The supervision of catering staff and allocation of duties
• To be responsible for the safe handling and reconciliation of cash where necessary
• Upward reporting of HR issues to line manager
• Stock management / control of waste
• Customer liaison
• Maintaining high standards of service/ and service level agreements
• To ensure that all food is prepared in accordance with appropriate food hygiene regulations and company procedures and policies.
• Report any potential risks to the appropriate managers
• Ensure that any customer complaints are promptly and efficiently highlighted and resolved or escalated, where appropriate
• Train new employees on the appropriate standards
• Carry out administrative and ordering of foods.
• Ensure business and contractual targets are met.
• Deep cleaning and periodic cleaning.
• Understands the business and implements policies, standards and procedures which support the company strategy objectives.
• Ensures optimum business performance through innovation, change and continuous improvement.
• Demonstrates an understanding of the commercial issues which impact on their roles, business and commercial environment of Carillion.
• Supervises the activities of others to meet deadlines and quality standards taking account of impact outside area
• Takes pride in delivering a quality service to meet customer needs.
• Supports the identification of ways to reduce cost.
• Has awareness of cost/benefit as applicable to tasks performed.
• May work within a given budget.
• Works co-operatively and effectively with others both inside and outside of the team
• Effective communicator
• Is able to motivate and enable others to achieve Carillion’s business objectives
• Harnesses the full potential of self and others to enhance business performance.
• Confidently demonstrates an appropriate level of knowledge in own field and willingly shares expertise.
• Approaches work positively to achieve targets.
• Effectively plans, prioritises and monitors work, time and resources to achieve business goals
Additional Role Information
Catering Supervisor required at the Thomas Ashton School in Hyde to work 25 hours per week from Monday to Friday between 08:45 to 13:45.
All applicants must have the following:
• Previous experience in a similar role.
• Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering.
• City & Guilds 706/1 & 706/2 or equivalent.