|Job Ref:||204543913||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Skipton||Address:||Post Code:||BD23||Post Date:||10/10/2016 09:19|
Salary Details: Plus benefits|
My client is one of the UK's leading innovation companies within the medical device sector of the health care industry and they currently have a vacancy for a Manufacturing Engineer at their site in Yorkshire.
Reporting to the Process Development Manager the Manufacturing Engineer will form an integral part of the manufacturing team to deliver technical solutions to the business for Manufacturing Processes in problem solving, innovation and improvement. They are also required to develop and validate processes as well as identifying and managing the implementation and technical aspects of raw material changes.
Responsibilities will include:
• Taking responsibility for and leading several projects simultaneously. Organise, plan, monitor and control the necessary activities to achieve goals.
• Participating in the assessment of feasibility, selection and application of proposed technology initiatives.
• Managing technical studies related to the use or assessment of proposed technology initiatives.
• Developing company standards, requirements and specifications for the use and application of technology.
• Monitoring, reviewing and analysing data. Develop and trend appropriate metrics and control plans to monitor manufacturing process performance in areas of responsibility.
• Championing processes to maintain a state of audit readiness within manufacturing and identify continuous improvement initiatives in manufacturing processes.
• Providing guidance, technical leadership, and training to less experienced staff.
• Leading technical investigations and collaborate with cross functional departments in performing root cause analysis to implement process improvements. Participate in CAPA for process related issues.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to enhance their career. The successful candidate must demonstrate the following in their education/career:
• Engineering Degree or equivalent Life Science, Engineering or Physical Science
• Min 5 years' experience in Manufacturing - preferably in a medical devices environment working to ISO 13485 but pharmaceutical, automotive and food industry sectors are also of interest.
• Good understanding of Chemistry.
• Process Excellence qualification or training or knowledge of principles