|Job Ref:||204547209||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£55000 - £65000/annum £5k car allowance||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:25|
The Opportunity |
To build your career by assisting in the delivery of 'leading edge' engineering projects. To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards. To benefit from client's Career Development Programmes that will enhance your leadership capability. To work with the best.
As Project Manager you will be responsible for a number of construction projects across the client's mechanical business unit. The project manager plans, organises, leads, coordinates and controls all activities concerned with the construction of Mechanical Projects. The Project Manager participates in the conceptual development of an engineering construction project and leads its organization, scheduling and implementation. He/she is the key point of contact with the client and builds and creates strong, assertive and positive relationships. They ensure that the site meets and exceeds environmental, health and safety standards. They ensure a quality focus and quality outcomes so that the Group's vision, mission & values are fulfilled.
• Projects are delivered on time, to quality requirements and within budget
• Project target margins are achieved or exceeded
• Site is set up, monitored and managed as a safe place of work, with safe and competent colleagues and a safe system and practice of work. Safety reporting and audit requirements will be fully adhered to. Target of zero accidents.
• Project has a clear and accurate project plan that is the basis of all activity, sequencing, work allocation/resourcing and this plan is used to monitor and manage progress and for client reporting and management information. Progress and efficiency are visually tracked
• Project team is competent and develops over the life cycle of the project. Project manager assesses and develops talent for the business
• Materials are procured in an efficient, timely and cost effective manner
• Positive and assertive relations are developed with the client
To be considered you will:
• Engineering Degree (Honours) or Senior Trades qualification or equivalent
• Significant Project management experience 15years+.
• Previous record of delivering €10m+ mechanical projects in the Business Unit region (Industrial, pharma, data centre type projects)
• Mechanical/Piping/Process & Pharma experience essential
• Pre-commissioning & system turnover experience
• HVAC experience
• Experince in either Data centres or Pharmaceutical sector
• Excellent communicator/strong interpersonal skills/communicates with impact
• Drives for results
• Leads and influences others.
• Identifies and achieves commercial value.
• Innovates and leads in mechanical/technical activity and challenges.
• Plans and effectively manages projects.
• Solves problems analytically and acts decisively
• Is process driven and focuses on EHS and Quality Work Management Systems and Processes
• Mentor and Coach to junior engineers and graduates