|Job Ref:||204541653||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Salary:||£41.62/hour||Post Date:||10/10/2016 17:05|
Missile Data Link Requirement Authority :|
World class Defence Organisation based in Bristol is currently looking to recruit a Missile Data Link Requirement Authority.
Please Note: you must be eligible for SC (Secret Level) Security Clearance.
The contract is initially for 6 months (ongoing after).
The hourly rate is £41.62 per hour
Missile Data Link Requirement Authority Job Description:
The purpose of this role is to co-ordinate the progression of a missile communications system (data link) from prototype stage through to production.
The successful candidate will ensure that component parts are delivered as required and to appropriate standards before being delivered to the missiles integration authority. In this role they may be involved in the modelling, characterisation, qualification and proving of the functionality and performance required by the components and overall communications system within the weapon system as a whole.
You will be acting as the interface between the component suppliers and the missile programme. In this role you have to ensure that delivered components meet their agreed specification and schedules, and that the final communications system meets the functional, performance and environmental needs of the missile design authority and that these units are delivered in time to meet demanding trials and delivery deadlines.
Skills and Knowledge:
• Qualified to degree-level or equivalent experience
• Significant experience of technical sub-contractor management
• Good analytical and assessment skills to support internal reviews and assess trials results
• Experience with good engineering practices, such as requirements definition, design certification & validation, and configuration control
• Ability to motivate yourself to achieve demanding and evolving tasks while maintaining a calm professional manner
• You will have previous experience of working with RF systems and/or component design at frequencies above 1GHz
• Background in Electronics
• Appreciation of system integration challenges
• Experience with configuration and requirements management tools such as TeamCenter PDM and DOORS
• Ideally you will have experience of working in international or cross-cultural teams.
• Project and work package management
• Some French language and cultural awareness