|Job Ref:||204542124||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hertfordshire||City:||Cheshunt||Address:||Post Code:||EN8||Post Date:||10/10/2016 17:05|
WORKSHOP SUPERVISOR (PLANT & TOOL HIRE)|
Up to £28k DOE
Our client is one of the UK's leading equipment hire companies having a large portfolio of depots all across the UK, providing a wide range of plant, tools and access equipment to the construction and related industries. They are looking to add to their management team in order to improve productivity and customer satisfaction to help them achieve their future expansion plans.
To further enhance their already successful team they are seeking a Workshop Supervisor for their depot based near Cheshunt.
You will be managing a small team of fitters in a hands on role and maintaining the workshop/yard area to company standards and procedures pertaining to health and safety regulations.
Good organisational and administration skills will be required as well as the ability to offer a wide and diverse range of hands on skills within plant equipment maintenance.
An NVQ in plant maintenance or equivalent would be an advantage
You will have strong leadership skills in order to motivate your team, with the additional determination and ambition to achieve set targets.
In return an excellent package is available as well as future opportunities to progress as the business grows.
* Motivate staff and lead by example of best practice.
* Minimising associated costs and maximising efficiency.
* Responsible for HR issues concerning staff working both in the workshop and mobile.
* Motivating staff to achieve their potential and overall effectiveness of their performance.
* To work within the confines of the budget and maintain/exceed targets.
* Maintain all aspects of plant, tools and generators.
* Attend performance meetings
* Health and Safety
* Train staff inclduing apprentices.
* Excellent relationship building
* Experience in repairing and maintaining plant equipment including petrol, diesel, hydraulic and electrical appliances is essential.
* Ideally NVQ in plant maintenance or equivalent
* Health and Safety awareness
* Experience working as a supervisor
* Good organisational skills and work well under pressure
* Ability to lead and coach others
* Full driving licence
The ideal candidate will be located in either of the following areas;
Hoddesdon, Little Berkhamstead, Brickendon, Epping Green, West End, Broxbourne, Wormley, Cheshunt, Waltham Cross, Waltham Abbey, Upshire, Sewardstone, Loughton, Buckhurst Hill, Enfield, Edmonton, Southgate and surrounding areas