|Job Ref:||204542710||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cheltenham||Address:||Post Code:||GL50||Salary:||£35000 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 17:05|
Mechanical Design Engineer / Product Design Engineer urgently required for exciting opportunity with my client, a rapidly expanding global business who design and manufacture innovative gaming controllers and PC and consoles.|
Working in the Gloucestershire team, this is a great opportunity for a design engineer who enjoys working on the full design project life cycle. You will be working on projects from initial customer requirement to obsolescence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To develop plastic and metal and injection moulded solutions for current and new R&D projects
- Provide new product concepts and ergonomic design ideas
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively within a team of externally contracted engineers and manufacturing staff based predominantly in the United States.
- The ability to work autonomously within fast-paced environment.
Experience and Skills:
- At least 3-5 years` experience with SOLIDWORKS
- Working knowledge of product design
- Experienced mechanical engineer
- Co-ordination of product life cycle from initial product design to obsolescence
- Extensive knowledge of Design for Manufacture