|Job Ref:||204542894||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bedford||Address:||Post Code:||MK40||Salary:||£45000 - £55000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 17:05|
Biomass Plant Manager - Power Generation|
£45,000 - £55,000
We are recruiting for a Plant / Utilities Manager to work on a small scale Biomass Plant just North of Bedford. The Plant uses Waste Wood through a Steam Turbine to generate 3.4MW of Power.
What will I be doing?
Reporting in to the Managind Director, the Plant Manager will be responsible for:
* Managing the output of a 3.4MW plant
* The day to day management of operations, engineering and maintenance staff responsible for the continuous operation and maintenance of the Biomass plant.
* Identify and undertake projects designed to improve plant performance, productivity and efficiency as appropriate.
* Liaising with the Commissioning Manager, Shift Staff and the Managing Director to ensure the Plant and outages are planned for and executed appropriately
* Assist in the preparation of the annual departmental budgets
* Ensure all operations and maintenance activities within the Plant are carried out with the highest regard for health & safety.
What experience does the role require?
* At least 4 years of experience in the power generation industry in operations or maintenance at a supervisory or management level. This could be from energy from waste, biomass, CCGT, CHP, nuclear etc. Candidates with a marine engineering background from the Royal Navy would also be suitable for this - Chief Petty Officer / Warrant Officer level
* A relevant engineering qualification at HNC / ONC level or equivalent. Qualifications below this may be acceptable with significant experience
* A relevant health and safety qualification is desirable e.g. IOSH, NEBOSH
If you are interested in applying for this position, please contact Dan Grosvenor on (Apply online only) or send a CV and Cover letter .
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK