|Job Ref:||204546222||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Biggleswade||Address:||Post Code:||SG18||Salary:||£28000 - £30000/annum pension and holidays||Post Date:||10/10/2016 17:05|
We are recruiting for a Buyer join our rapidly growing manufacturing company based in Bedfordshire. You are having the opportunity to join a family ran and friendly company who is looking to invest in an organised individual and help progress their career. |
The Buyers daily duties:
- The Buyer will be involved cost and purchasing for production and non production materials.
- You will be responsible for ordering in the machinery and the components required to tailor make the machine to the customer requirements.
- You will be managing timelines to make sure production are meeting the customers needs in a timely manner.
- The Buyer will also have involvement of facilitating the freight and transport regarding movement of goods.
- As the Buyer you will be working from a Bills of Materials (BOM) to make sure items are in stock or need to be ordered which you will carry out.
- You could be working on 30-40 orders per day which can include ordering components for between 30 -35 machines per day.
- You will be using the database on a daily basis attaching all the PO numbers and reports to the system.
- There will also be occasional visits to the supplier sites.
- The Buyer must come from Engineering or Manufacturing background.
- Having basic understanding of engineering drawings is essential for the role.
- The successful Buyer will be organised, process driven, a good communicator, systematic and have good attention to detail.
- Having an understanding of sheet metal and machinery components would be advantageous for the Buyer role.
£28,000 - £30,000 per annum
Monday - Thursday 8.30am - 5pm Friday 8.30am - 3pm
5% matched pension
24 days holiday plus 8 Bank holidays
If you are interested the Buyer opportunity please apply direct to the job boards