|Job Ref:||204546491||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Nottinghamshire||City:||Nottinghamshire||Address:||Post Code:||NG18||Salary:||£35000 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:23|
Our Nottinghamshire based service business who continue to experience solid growth and expanding customer base have a requirement for an experienced Production Planner.|
The role will see the right person taking full responsibility for the end to end process of planning within a very fast paced, evolving environment.
Having responsibility for a small team of order processors, your role will involve:
* Ensuring all sales from customers are added accurately by your team
* Identifying any immediate discrepancies with orders and rectifying these straight away
* Liaising with Purchasing to make sure the right stock is ordered/on site to make the completed product on time and to customer specification
* Using your planning skills to liaise regularly with production and purchasing to make sure they have the right products and to identify potential stock shortfalls/stock issues
* Looking to make sure that the customer's order is completed with little/no excess stock left over
* Taking responsibility for ensuring the finished product is passed onto despatch for smooth delivery to the customer
Aside from this, the right person needs to have a good analytical mind in order to look at variances/patterns in customer orders and ultimately ensure that any repeat glitches/hold ups that happen regularly are looked into further with the view of improving processes and procedures internally.
Who should apply?
The right person will come from a manufacturing background and will be experienced in Production Planning. You will work well without guidance and will be the right person to manage and motivate teams.
Excellent interpersonal skills are essential as will need to challenge others around you and also be comfortable being challenged.
Someone who is good at improving processes and procedures is a must as is someone who thrives working in a fast paced, extremely busy environment