|Job Ref:||204543085||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Havant||Address:||Post Code:||PO9||Salary:||£24000 - £28000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:26|
We are looking for an Engineer who can:|
* Apply analytical skills to the design of Electro-hydraulic components and systems.
* Design and bring to production new hydraulic valves and systems to meet customer requirements in a timely and cost effective manner.
* Lead product design improvements from concept through appraisal and approval to entry into market.
* Provide technical support on issues relating to the design, production and application of Hydraulic valves and pumps within the product range.
* Develop and set up hydraulic test rigs to test new and improved products
* Work with existing staff to introduce new and updates existing products.
* Preparation and operation of test rigs for functional performance, endurance, and fatigue testing.
* Experience and use of basic programming software such as Labview an advantage
* Maintain laboratory equipment and support improvements to the laboratory test facility.
* Awareness of general health and safety procedures.
* Design new and modified valves using 3D CAD (ProE preferred) .
* Able to verify designs using calculations, ideally using analysis programs such as FEA, and CFD.
* Involvement in cost reduction programs for new and existing products to ensure the best cost effective solution is achieved.
* Create written test plans and test reports for products under test.
* Update and maintain the departments procedures and working practice documents .
* Provide engineering support to manufacturing, to facilitate effective production of new products and problem solve issues with parts in manufacture.
* Provide support to Sales and marketing with technical help.
* Undertake additional duties and/or projects as designated by management within the job holders agreed capabilities.
* Some travel may be required to locations within Europe and the USA, to provide engineering support to customers, and participate in inter-site activities.
* Have a achieved a BSc in Mechanical Engineering or an HNC/HND plus relevant experience within an engineering function.
* Able to review drawings, document and reports for clarity, completeness and conformity to procedures and specifications.
* Perform and verify accuracy of calculations.
* Coordinate prototype manufacture monitor testing to assure compliance to established requirements.
* Some experience of project management and a practical and theoretical understanding of Hydraulic systems would be an advantage.
* Some experience and use of basic programming software such as Labview would be an advantage.
* This position may also suit newly qualified engineers with a some engineering experience that wish to develop their knowledge in the, design, development, and test, of new and updated hydraulic control system products.
* Solid analytical skills including a working knowledge of general mathematics and physics principles.
* Basic knowledge of ISO9001 and 14001
* Basic knowledge of electronic control systems an advantage
* Looking for new challenges and has a drive for getting results.
* Must be able to create documentation and present engineering information that can be understood by a wide audience, across different functions and levels.
* Some manufacturing experience desirable