|Job Ref:||204543244||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Monmouthshire||City:||Newport||Address:||Post Code:||GL13||Salary:||£20000 - £25000/annum Ben||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:26|
Capita Property and Infrastructure division is a leading multi-disciplinary consultancy working within the built environment. Our St Mellons office is looking for an experienced Architectural Technician to play an integral role within a dynamic forward thinking Architectural team. The successful candidate must have a minimum of 5 years experience ideally in a Multi-discipline environment.
You will need to demonstrate appropriate experience and possess a thorough knowledge and understanding of construction detailing, specification writing, Building Regulations, building coordination, project processes and workflows. As well as having a flair for good technical design, it is essential that you have the ability to produce highly detailed and accurate technical construction drawings. These must illustrate a high level of care and attention to detail which should be reflected graphically in your portfolio.
* An enthusiasm, understanding and flair for good technical design.
* The ability to produce highly detailed and accurate technical construction drawings.
* Highly organised, motivated and the ability to work on your own iniciative.
* Works with a high level of accuracy and care.
* The ability to communicate well at all levels, from colleagues through to Clients.
* Can manage time, cost and quality of projects to meet deadlines.
* Extensive experience of project management skills.
Skills & Experience
* Minimum of 5 years experience.
* Proven experience in Revit and AutoCAD and should be reflected in your portfolio.
* Significant construction experience with a sound technical knowledge.
* Extensive on site experience.
* Familiarity with multi-discipline coordination of design and construction information from Contractors and Suppliers.
* Good specification writing capabilities with knowledge and experience of NBS Create.
* Excellent construction detailing skills, with sound knowledge of building technologies, materials and assembly.
* Understanding of Building Regulations/ Approved Documents and other UK standards and codes.
* Sound knowledge of technical standards, design guidance and CDM/ Health and Safety requirement.
I.T. & Software Skills
* NBS Create.
* Sketch Up.
* Standard Microsoft applications such as Word and Excel.
'Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership'
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us