|Job Ref:||204544213||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hertfordshire||City:||Letchworth||Address:||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:38|
Have you got previous experience in a multi discipline engineering maintenance role?|
Do you have a good understanding of engineering, machine basics and operations?
If your answer is yes, then Altro may have the opportunity you have been waiting for...
Altro are a leading British Manufacturer and supplier, based in Letchworth. We have been going strong since 1919 and know that we can only grow further with great people on board, helping us shape our future.
We think big at Altro - and we're globally big in premium integrated flooring and wall cladding systems for construction and transport. Family owned and run, we share family values; we care about you, each other and what we do. Voted one of the Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For, for 8 successive years.
We are currently looking for a Maintenance Engineer to join our friendly Engineering team here in Letchworth Garden City.
Your main responsibilities will include:
* Carry out regular servicing, inspection, repair and refurbishment on all process and production equipment within a TPM program (Total Productive Maintenance).
* Work with the Engineering Manager to improve equipment reliability and be an active member of engineering improvement projects.
* Carry out scheduled maintenance activities to the highest standards providing quality feedback information and ideas on maintenance tasks.
* Provide electrical/ mechanical breakdown and repair service quickly and efficiently to minimise production downtime.
* Operate within a multi-skilled engineering team and integrated manufacturing operation with a focus on bringing additional electrical and mechanical engineering skills and experience into the team.
* Work within manufacturing on machine, process and equipment refurbishment, development, enhancement and improvement.
* Carry out routine inspection on safety equipment.
* Operate engineering machine tools and welding for emergency repairs and equipment development.
* Writing breakdown and service reports, also filling in shift log book.
* Operate forklift truck for servicing, accessing, moving and placing equipment and parts.
* Be able to work at heights and from ladders.
* Promote safety awareness.
The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of industrial machines and electrics. You will be a logical thinker and a strong communicator with a friendly and confident personality. Proven experience of a similar role would be highly beneficial.
If you have the relevant experience and you would describe yourself as a team player, then we would love to hear from you