|Job Ref:||204544319||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||SE17 1JE||Address:||Salary:||£28000 - £35000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:38|
My client, a well-known and growing transport company with a sizeable depots in different London locations is looking to recruit skilled Bus Mechanics / PSV Technicians / HGV Engineers on a full time permanent basis.|
We are looking for fully skilled and versatile mechanics to join our busy engineering team. You will ideally have previous experience of working on buses and/or coaches; although other experience with heavy vehicles would also be considered.
Applicants must have automotive experience, served a recognised apprenticeship and hold NVQ Level 3 or equivalent national qualifications in Heavy Vehicle Maintenance.
Our Bus Mechanic will have to be able to cope with the day to day pressures that a normal vehicle workshop brings and be able to make decisions when faced with breakdowns or vehicle accidents. Holding a Commercial Licence would be an advantage if applying for night shifts.
Our commitment to you is that we will provide professional qualifications and an excellent range of benefits to include:
- Excellent rates of pay
- Free travel for you, and your partner (Non Contractual) on all London Buses / Underground / DLR and Tramlink will be offered after three months service
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free issue PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
Skills required and main responsibilities of the role include:
- Undertaking Vehicle maintenance, servicing and running repairs on a varied fleet (including M.O.T preparation)
- Prompt Repair of all defective vehicles to the highest standard
- Ensure vehicles are maintained in accordance with the Company Operators Licence guidelines
- Ensure all repairs to company vehicles are carried out in a timely manner
- Ability to organise daily workload
- Great communication skills
- Ability to work effectively within a team and provide support to colleagues
- Flexible approach to duties and tasks
- Cooperation with engineering colleagues in a collaborative manner
- Able to work to deadlines and be punctual
- Habit to work to the highest Health & Safety standards
If you think this job sounds like a perfect next step in your career - please apply today