|Job Ref:||204544448||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Merseyside||City:||Liverpool||Address:||Post Code:||L13||Salary:||£0 - £45000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 16:38|
Job title: Commercial Specialist|
Start date: ASAP
Pay rate: up to £45,000 pa
Industry sector: Engineering
Commercial Specialist - Knowsley - Up to £45,000 pa
Our client, a specialist engineering company based in Liverpool, is currently looking for a Commercial Specialist to support the Commercial Manager, reviewing all contracts from introduction to the submission of commercially and financially sound bids, balancing customer compliance with Company policy. This role will involve meeting and negotiating with customers, leading contractual negotiations and ensuring that final contracts reflect accurately the agreed offering.
The Contract Specialist is in charge of the Company's contracts for the supply of goods and services and providing contracts and legal support under the direction of the Commercial Manager.
* Drafting, editing and negotiating commercial agreements, as well as the ability to review, analyse and negotiate contractual terms & conditions and to provide objective advice to identify and mitigate contractual risk, with a view to ensuring that the resulting contracts protect the interest of the Company.
* Working with Sales/Bid teams to develop commercial and contractual positions which optimally balance the Company's exposure to risk with its appetite to win.
* Playing a key role on selected bids and in ensuring that the risk exposure is acceptable.
* Negotiating and securing appropriate agreements with key subcontractors as required.
* On all standard and non-standard contracts, provide redlined recommendations and often negotiating directly with customer attorneys or purchasing staff until consensus has been reached.
* Ensure that signed contracts are communicated to all relevant parties to provide contract visibility and awareness, interpretation to support implementation.
* As needed, provide guidance on contract matters to project managers or other operational staff, including training to new project managers and other employees in contracting practices and procedures.
* As appropriate, develop and implement procedures for contract management and administration in compliance with company policy as well as contributing to or influencing company policies.
* Follow and adhere to Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality standards as appropriate to work being undertaken.
Skills and Experience:
* A minimum of 3 years of working in a legal, contractual role with experience of high value sales projects.
* Strong negotiation skills in a contractual environment.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Engineering knowledge and applications and ability to draft contracts in this context.
* In-depth understanding of the sales process as applied to high value engineering projects.
* Degree in Engineering
* Professional qualification in Contract Management, Law or a related field.
* Experience of working in the Energy, Waste and Environmental sector.
The salary on offer for this position is up to £45,000 pa.
To apply for the role of Commercial Specialist please click apply now