|Job Ref:||204548792||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Salary:||£36000 - £44000/annum plus benefits||Post Date:||10/10/2016 17:06|
Senior Highways Engineer|
To £44k plus benefits
Our client is a leading provider of Highways and Infrastructure Design & Management services throughout the UK.
Their Bristol office Highways team has a current requirement for a Senior Highways Engineer to deliver a range of highways projects and services for clients including Highways England, Local Authorities and Private Clients.
Reporting to a Team Leader / Highways Associate, the Senior Highways Engineer will manage the delivery of highway schemes for Highways England, Local Authorities and private sector clients.
You'll liaise with clients, stakeholders and other disciplines to deliver cost effective designs and solutions.
You'll provide support to the Team Leader and Principal Engineers for the delivery of large / complex highway schemes and asset management programmes.
You'll work with Contractors to develop detailed designs for major highways schemes and services.
Relevant Skills / Experience:
* Engineering degree and relevant post qualification experience, and ideally a Chartered or Incorporated Engineer
* Experience of leading small projects and taking an active role as part of a delivery team on larger complex projects
* Extensive experience of highway design software, such as AutoCAD, MX, and WINDES.
* Experience of working with Contractors on Design & Build highway contracts.
* Preparation of design briefs and managing project costs and budgets.
* Detailed knowledge of relevant standards and contracts including DMRB, MfS, MCHW and NEC